preps

Thread: Skip in NZ getting strong

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Skip in NZ getting strong

Been hearing alot of Japanese truck drivers CH 4 27 Mhz from my base in NZ, Hokkaido, moshi moshi Osaka.

Channel 6 has a heap of skip coming from Hawaii and the US, man its bizzy the radio is just humming, its just a blur.

I got a Digiscan 02 band expander so now I can exceed the boundaries of existence, leave the CB band behind and go all over the show, there were some nice people.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SOHC View Post
    Been hearing alot of Japanese truck drivers CH 4 27 Mhz from my base in NZ, Hokkaido, moshi moshi Osaka.

Channel 6 has a heap of skip coming from Hawaii and the US, man its bizzy the radio is just humming, its just a blur.

I got a Digiscan 02 band expander so now I can exceed the boundaries of existence, leave the CB band behind and go all over the show, there were some nice people.
    Channel 6 is a mess in the US. We call it the "super bowl channel". It's usually nothing but people pushing thousands and thousands of watts of power, splattering all over the band, talking to themselves just to hear themselves talk. There's guys on channel 6 that bleed me to death up to 10 channels away and them a thousand miles or more away, it's ridiculous, and all they really seem to say is, "I just got down" and "Bye bye bye".

Good to hear you got some nice contacts and heard interesting conversations.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gerowen For This Useful Post:

SOHC (01-02-2015)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerowen View Post
    Channel 6 is a mess in the US. We call it the "super bowl channel". It's usually nothing but people pushing thousands and thousands of watts of power, splattering all over the band, talking to themselves just to hear themselves talk. There's guys on channel 6 that bleed me to death up to 10 channels away and them a thousand miles or more away, it's ridiculous, and all they really seem to say is, "I just got down" and "Bye bye bye".

Good to hear you got some nice contacts and heard interesting conversations.
    LOL yes channel 6, yelling into the mic super excited day in and day out, and never get bored.
    , boomp boomp

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Man I haven't made contact with NZ yet, need to get a beam up!! I know you guys have been coming in here around Central Florida but with out a beam I can't point your way. I've been getting slammed by up north and UK stations!! And yes getting away from the reg. 40 channels can be a lot of fun especially while dxing. You can skip off to a freq with little to no traffic and actually have a conversation!! At any rate enjoy the dx, Happy New Year and God Bless.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Come down to 26.500 Mhz, that's NZs calling channel

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Visitors found this page by searching for

None