preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CB Equipment Auctions (eBay similar CB and Ham radio equipment auction site)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not that I need to explain anything to you 222, or justify anything I post or websites I visit but let me give you a little background about myself. I am a one man crew on this project. I work 45+ hours a week on the graveyard shift to provide for my wife and kids in a local factory. I have been working on, around radios for the last 35 years and love the hobby in general. In my spare time I enjoy working on web design and creating websites. I had an idea a while back to create an alternative eBay website with a target niche of cb and ham radio equipment. I bought a domain name, paid for hosting, and it took me about 3 months to get functional to the point I felt it was ready to release. The only reason I created the site was because I have my Bachelor's degree in business administration from the University of DeVry and love building something I think is going to benefit others and watching people utilize what I have created. That being said I have expunged my resources and have little headroom for paying for advertisement so I try to take full advantage of forums, facebook groups, and other means of advertisement with a low budget. In 3 months being live users on my website have sold various radios and other equipment and all I have generated is a total of $9.54. I have spent hundreds so I'm currently in the negative. I hope someday the site will take off and fellow cb and ham radio operators will see the site for what it is and embrace what I'm trying to do. Nowadays there are so many scam artists out there it is hard for entrepreneurs like myself to even get my feet off the ground. In stead of constantly looking for the bad in people I suggest learning more about someone, asking questions, and possibly supporting a good cause from time to time. I hope you guys can find the good in what I'm trying to get up and running here and support my long rough journey ahead. 73's and 51's
    Last edited by 2pt187; 12-16-2014 at 02:17 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2pt187 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2pt187 View Post
    Not that I need to explain anything to you 222, or justify anything I post or websites I visit but let me give you a little background about myself. I am a one man crew on this project. I work 45+ hours a week on the graveyard shift to provide for my wife and kids in a local factory. I have been working on, around radios for the last 35 years and love the hobby in general. In my spare time I enjoy working on web design and creating websites. I had an idea a while back to create an alternative eBay website with a target niche of cb and ham radio equipment. I bought a domain name, paid for hosting, and it took me about 3 months to get functional to the point I felt it was ready to release. The only reason I created the site was because I have my Bachelor's degree in business administration from the University of DeVry and love building something I think is going to benefit others and watching people utilize what I have created. That being said I have expunged my resources and have little headroom for paying for advertisement so I try to take full advantage of forums, facebook groups, and other means of advertisement with a low budget. In 3 months being live users on my website have sold various radios and other equipment and all I have generated is a total of $9.54. I have spent hundreds so I'm currently in the negative. I hope someday the site will take off and fellow cb and ham radio operators will see the site for what it is and embrace what I'm trying to do. Nowadays there are so many scam artists out there it is hard for entrepreneurs like myself to even get my feet off the ground. In stead of constantly looking for the bad in people I suggest learning more about someone, asking questions, and possibly supporting a good cause from time to time. I hope you guys can find the good in what I'm trying to get up and running here and support my long rough journey ahead. 73's and 51's
    For someone with a " Bachelor's degree in business administration from the University of DeVry" you ain't very smart or business savvy...

You say you work 45+ hours a week at some factory to feed the family, then at the same time your dropping hundreds of dollars building a web site, to sell a product that has not been popular for the last 35-40 years, and admit so far after selling several radios you have generated a whole $9.54 profit?

Apparently you didn't Graduate from DeVry at the top of your class...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (12-17-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mock my education that is fine. I've been very successful with my degree and am happy with where I am in life. I'm pointing this information out to show that I'm not in this venture for the money and have taken a loss on the whole ordeal not because of my education failing, or that my business practices are faulty but because I love the hobby and find happiness in other individuals enjoying what I have to offer . I'm sorry that you can't embrace the message I'm trying to convey and that you feel the need to try and downgrade my education, purpose and can't find good in what I'm trying to do. I've given this thread a little background on who I am and what I'm doing in hopes that those in doubt or that are questioning my authenticity in what I designed understand that I'm just an average Joe with an idea and dream to reinforce a "product that has not been popular for the last 35-40 years" and help recirculate equipment and give people another outlet to put their dream station together.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 2pt187 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well...good luck with your idea... IMO your going to need all the luck you can get to make it work... I wouldn't quit my night job tho.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

2pt187 (12-17-2014)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None