preps

Thread: greetings to the cb junkies community

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation greetings to the cb junkies community

hello....my handle is rainman-256 in central east alabama...i talk on a sears roadtalker 40 ssb mobile,gray 150, imax2000 and a 1/4 wave dipole...my roadtalker has a 5 pin mic and i was wondering if there is an adaptor to change it to a 4 pin that works with a cobra 4 pin power mic?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    hello....my handle is rainman-256 in central east alabama...i talk on a sears roadtalker 40 ssb mobile,gray 150, imax2000 and a 1/4 wave dipole...my roadtalker has a 5 pin mic and i was wondering if there is an adaptor to change it to a 4 pin that works with a cobra 4 pin power mic?
    Sure there is...Check on eBay. I have one I use with my Cobra 2000... (may need to be sure the adapter is wired right for the Sears) I also have one that I got for a Sears Roadtalker slant-face radio to use 4 pin cobra mics with, but I'm not real sure it's the same as the one that fits the Cobra 2000 5 pin...At any rate, they do have them, I found both of mine on eBay...fairly cheap.

If nothing else, most any CB Shop that know's what they are doing should be able to wire you up a "Pig-tail" to use...Those are just two connectors with a short piece of Mic cord, one end plugs into the radio, the other end your mic plugs into...Last one of those I bought I think I payed 10 bucks for.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

rainman (01-14-2015)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Add Dirty Diaper on Google+
    Visit Dirty Diaper's Youtube Channel
    Hello, and Happy NewYear to you,and all the Gang. 21

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ran into this webpage forum looking for info on my new used antique toy. Searching for info on modifying a Sears Road talker Base that looks like a cassette deck. $35. from the Local CB Hack shop. It works LOL !

I found out that it is similar to most likely the above posters Radio internally. If his is the slant SSB AM. Talked skip on LSB 38 today. Definitely a Keeper.

Well. Greetings to all ! Now to search for switches LOL ! Need those uppers LOL !

Best 73s John

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mine is a mobile ..... believe it has a Hitachi board in it...so i've been told. its had the uppers already installed when i bought it for 35$
    Last edited by rainman; 01-14-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i talked to Australia,the U.K. Scotland,south of Spain + all over the west coast the second day i had it ...loving it.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sears Roadtalkers are great radios. I have 2 40 channel blackface radios and a small mobile. I like the vintage radios.Usually they have been taken care of.
    Eddie aka Ducksoupe

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello All I Did Not Know Such A Place Exists Hope To Find Many Useful Things

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads1412-greetings-to-the-cb-junkies-communitygoto=newpost