preps

Thread: Cobra 148 GTL Internal Clarifier Control

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cobra 148 GTL Internal Clarifier Control

So I got tired of people on SSB telling me I was off frequency and changed the LSB and USB transmit frequencies to center them like my other two 148 GTLs. However, after doing that, I now have to turn my clarifier to about 1 o' clock to understand everybody. Basically, when listening on one of my other 148s that is aligned, I am now transmitting on frequency so that with the receiving clarifier centered I sound good and plain. However, on the radio I adjusted, the new "center" for my clarifier, AKA where my aligned radios and everybody in DX land sounds good and clear, is at about 1 o' clock instead of centered. The clarifier wasn't adjusted properly to begin with, the "center" was about a quarter turn to the left, and now that I've adjusted my transmit frequencies for USB/LSB, it's about a quarter turn right. I'm just curious if there's a way to adjust the "center" position for my clarifier without screwing with my transmit frequencies.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The clarifier can be unlocked from the xmit frequency but the unit needs to be centered on channel before unlocking. There's also a mod that opens up the range of the clarifier. Center the control with xmit and receive locked and adjust the frequency. Then unlock the clarifier and see if it remains centered.

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads1427-Cobra-148-GTL-Internal-Clarifier-Control

cobra 148 gtl clarifier