preps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antenna mounting options

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Antenna mounting options

I didn't know where to post this thread so I put it here.

Here's my predicament, I'm having serious anxiety attacks just thinking about punching a hole in the roof of my truck. Reality is, I'm not keying at the line in competitions. I'm just looking to run up to an 8 pill for skip talking etc. Here are my options, I was thinking of mounting an antenna on a Pro Tech Headache rack, grounded to the frame, cab and bed. Or the option I'm not sure of, is to mount it on the tool box in the bed. I'm looking for opinions from some of the more experienced mobile operators.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    where you have the antenna right now in the pic is where it needs to go
    and yes you said not for competition
    but you will be better off in the long run and alot happier you did it.
    so puck it
    213 coax or lmr400uf
    and the antenna of your choice

pucking it will perform way better than on a headache rack or tool box

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree HP. Puck it and you will be happy that you did. I was the same way when I got my new truck a few weeks back but just decided that if I wanted it to be right to go ahead and do it.

On a side note I finally heard you here in GA the other day. I was shoutin hard for ya but conditions werent right. You were sounding good too.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didnt want to do mine either, but i did it and im glad i did it. Since i pucked the Silverado, I pucked the Toyota, and my suburban. Wouldnt think twice about it now unless it was a Ferrari or something.. lol I dont know what you pushing HP, but alot of the people up this way run tri/quad mags too- they modify them to stand a little taller and make a plate, then mount the puck on the plate. Not the same, but works fine. if you do end up pucking it - drill it about 12" in from the 3rd brake light. There's a bracket inside there that will be in the way if you pop it where the wilson stands. There is a dome light right where the hole should be on the xtra cab models- havent pulled the liner on a 4dr yet, but if its there it makes life easy for accessing the bottom of the puck/mount.

ALSO- if you still cant bring yourself to do it - BoxBuilder (luke) runs 2 sticks on his pickup - Mounted on the bed rails. 1 on the gate and one on the front of the bed. I dont know how he did it, but I think he is running a 32 pill off it and it works for him.

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had help pucking my "clunker burban" glad we did it on a truck i wasnt attached too. After this first time..i would do it again.(haahahaha).now i know whats involved. I sugg making a little template for the puck hole pattern. Also we used a hole saw.. buy a good one. Also use good drills for pilot holes.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by D-MAX 2112 View Post
    I had help pucking my "clunker burban" glad we did it on a truck i wasnt attached too. After this first time..i would do it again.(haahahaha).now i know whats involved. I sugg making a little template for the puck hole pattern. Also we used a hole saw.. buy a good one. Also use good drills for pilot holes.
    Greenlee Punch is soooo much easier and cleaner if you have access to one.

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I'll just have to punch a hole, I do have a greenlee punch here. Right now I just have a 1x4 in the truck, I won't put anything bigger than that through the mag mount. Eventually I plan on dropping my 8 pill in there and that will require something more permanent.
    BigMic, my conditions have been kind of unstable as of late. Thanks for the flowers, we'll make the connection with a little help from mother nature.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    4-10 on that. I was talking all over the place last Friday night. Had 14 on lock down with 308 in Pittsburgh late yesterday too.

Nice truck by the way. Chevy all the way....

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    have you considered 108 inches on the tool box ?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOTY MONSTER View Post
    have you considered 108 inches on the tool box ?
    108 on the toolbox aint gonna work with anything over 100w. The reflect and shitty ground will flake out the voltage regulator and battery light will come on. been there, done that, got the tee-shirt.. lol (i have the same truck in the xtra cab version)

noizybuilt.com

Visitors found this page by searching for

cb antenna mounted headache rack

attaching antenna to toolbox

magnum headache rack

toolbox antenna mount

protech headache rack

skip talking mobile

plans to build a headache rack

tool box antenna mount

mounting a cb antenna on a headache rack

mounting cb antenna headache rack

my homemade headache rack

schematics for Headache rack

mounting antenna on headache rack

protech headache rack trucks with cb antennas

red lights on a protech headache rack

headache rack cb antenna mounts

Silverado Antenna mount

mounting a cb antenna on a pickup headache rack

108 inch antenna mounting locations

pro tech tool box

pro tech headache rack cb mountantenna for head ache racktexas star 667vprotech headache rack cb mounthow to mount a cb antenna on a headache rack