preps

Thread: 4 pill amp guidance

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

4 pill amp guidance

Hey everyone..im looking for some guidance on the right way to set up (hit) the 4 pill, I would have to take the lid off tomorrow but what I remember is that it has the Toshiba red dots? if I remember correct...question is how hard can you hit these or does it matter if you have a large swing? radio watts or unmodulated deadkey from the amp.. the seller showed me it was doin 1000-1100 on his radio shack meter.. thanks

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Need more info. What type amp is it. Class c I assume? Who makes it? What is used to drive the amp now to get 1100 watts?? What antenna system, coax, is it mobile or a base amp? This will help determine what your needs will be.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think he was hitting it with a rci 2950, showed me it wasn't turned up but cant remember what it was doin, it was built by a guy goin by (69) around Columbus or Circleville oh I think. he was using a Wilson 5000..its a mobile unit...class (?). thanks............

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Use a radio that will dead key about 5-10 watts max into that amp and swings about 35-40 watts and it will sound good. Don't get stuck on the watt meter and don't over drive the amp to see a kw out of it. They aren't made to put out that many watts. The spec sheet on a toshiba 2879 is 100 watts at 12.5vdc. It might be closer to 120 watts at 14vdc. So 500 watts max is about what that should do. Maybe a bit less. Anymore and it's going to be a splatter box bleeding over 10 channels each way. Im not doubting your friends setup, but he is pushing that amp way too hard and it will eventually blow at the wattage you are stating. JMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visitors found this page by searching for

10 watts deadkey into 4 pill

40 watt deadkey into 4 pill