preps

Thread: Messenger 4V Verses Palomar Elite 500

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Messenger 4V Verses Palomar Elite 500

I've got an MFJ-4275MV 75 amp power supply that I used to run my Messenger 4V with.It puts out more than the Palomar Elite 500 but I like using the Palomar Elite 500 better. With my Texas Star Mod V-Plus as a driver I can get 500 was PEP out of the Palomar.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kikker For This Useful Post:

mark_Hughey (07-31-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The messenger amp is a way better amp than that Palomar. It just needs to be have enough amps feeding it. 75amps won't do it. You need at least 175-200 amps for that 8 pill to make some watts. It will destroy that palomar if you get enough amps and keep the voltage at 13.8vdc while modulating. Those messenger amps were good amps. I'm sure someone will snatch it up for the price you have it listed at. That's a lot of amp man. It will do over 1kw with the proper amps and voltage going to it and a 1 pill driver.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And be careful driving that palomar amp. It's not designed for that. It's got 4 sd1446's and doesn't need much drive. A single final radio doing 8-10 watts on am, will drive it properly and it won't end up letting the smoke out from being over driven with the mod v. JMO. Read up on that palomar elite amp and then that messenger and you might change your mind!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222DBFL View Post
    And be careful driving that palomar amp. It's not designed for that. It's got 4 sd1446's and doesn't need much drive. A single final radio doing 8-10 watts on am, will drive it properly and it won't end up letting the smoke out from being over driven with the mod v. JMO. Read up on that palomar elite amp and then that messenger and you might change your mind!!!
    Yeah I know what you mean. If and when I drive the Palomar with my Texas Star Mod-V Plus I don't put more than 2 to 3 watts drive into the Palomar. The 500 is a fairly good little amp by itself. Currently I'm using my Cobra 2000 GTL while my GE Superbase is getting a little TLC.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kikker For This Useful Post:

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads1457-Messenger-4V-Verses-Palomar-Elite-500

palomar elite 500 amp