preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SWR question on a bearcat 880

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes sir FATKAT, use an external meter and definitely trust it over the internal one unless you buy a total POS swr meter like the little ones at the truck stop LOL! Them darn things never seemed to read very good for me!! The Radio Shack meters have always done well for me as far as mobile use. But good luck finding them anymore at RS!! Anyway. Hope all is well and hope to catch you sometime on air!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can still find the Radio Shack units on EBay but the price needs to be watched. I think I gave around $40 for the one I bought.
    Name:  s-l225[4].jpg
Views: 153
Size:  6.7 KB

I recently purchased this unit to keep inline with my set up. Its not practical for use in a car.

Name:  s-l140[1].jpg
Views: 155
Size:  4.3 KB

Maybe one day I will catch Fla. if the conditions are right. Very seldom hear anyone from there. I can hear other talking back to Fla. just very rarely can I hear Fla.

Have a good one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FATKAT For This Useful Post:

222FL (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How is the 980 working for you FATKAT? I know it's been a while since we last spoke. A few months or more anyhow. Just curious. They are good radios as long as you keep the power turned back a bit. A 2w DK and 8w pep on AM, and about 8-10 watts on SSB pep and the radio will last a long time. Also if you don't use the internal speaker, pull it out. It allows for a bit more cooling believe it or not. Hope all is well and have a good one.
    222 Daytona Bch., FL
    saying 73 and God Bless.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 222FL For This Useful Post:

jmschumski (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its been some time since I really talked much on the radio. Summer got here and I would turn the radio on but no one was on and skip seemed to go away so................

I also have been busy and just no time to play. Its all good, the weather will turn soon and folks will be inside more and doing less outside stuff.

I bought myself 2 Cobra 29 NW WX ST radios and finally mounted one in my S-10 pickup. I'm still working on a better antenna set up for it. I'm thinking I will put a fiberglass antenna mounted on the tool box. I just got to figure out how to get the coax in the cab.

I haven't driven the Ranger much this summer. I had to have a new transmission put in it and the AC only works when it wants.......

I need to have to Cobra's worked on but they do fine for what I have been using them for.

Have a good one and maybe we will catch you on the radio soon.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FATKAT For This Useful Post:

222FL (09-05-2016)

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads1503-SWR-question-on-a-bearcat-880

bearcat 880 antenna watts

workman HP201-S user manual diagram

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads1503-SWR-question-on-a-bearcat-880#post_11809

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads1503-SWR-question-on-a-bearcat-880#post_11836