preps
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need CB antenna idea for 2012 Honda Pilot

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Need CB antenna idea for 2012 Honda Pilot

I would like to install my old Colt 355 in my 2012 Honda Pilot and need a good antenna suggestion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You going to drill a hole and hard mount it or use a mag mount setup? For a good hard mount setup, a Breedlove puck mount and a sirio 5000 performer would work well or even the sirio 5000 performer and the sirio PL145 mag mount. The Breedlove mount is made by them. The sirio antennas are sold by about 2-3 companies here stateside, DNJ radio, H&Y electronics, and maybe one more place I can't think of right now. I always order from DNJ radio. Takes about 1 week to get your antenna as they ship it in a large tube. Same with H&Y electronics. I've bought from both places, just more from DNJ. If one place is out of stock check the other. The sirio antenna is well made and for that vehicle should work well. Put up a couple photos of your vehicle so we can see where is a good spot to mount. Don't know if you have sunroof or what. But whatever you do, don't skimp on the antenna setup!! It will bite you in the ass in the end. It's one of the most important pieces to your system. Get a good antenna, mount, coax, and connectors. If you plan on a hard mount you'll need to get some coax and connector. Or have one made for you. Times microwave, Andrew, Commscope, Belden, Jefa, Judd wire. These are good coax companies, check around and you'll find places that can make you a coax jumper as long as you need and they will even put the connector on the one end. This is for the hard mount. The coax with the mag mount is fine for GP use. I would hard mount it (drill a hole) personally. Easily done with a step up drill bit and take your time. The magnet mount setup
    Isn't bad idea to find the best spot to place a hard mount on your vehicle, but if you plan on using one daily, keep in mind it will need some maintenance from time to time. Also the mag mount will not be as good as hard mounting but will work well enough for what it is. Like I said, they are handy to find the sweet spot on vehicles before you drill a hole. And don't be bothered by drilling. It's the best way in the end and will actually cause less damage to the vehicle than a mag mount being there all the time. You get faded paint under the mag mount or scratches. Although the sirio magnet mount has a rubber boot on it to keep from scratching vehicle, moisture seemed to be my biggest enemy while using one. Hard mount you don't have to worry about. This is JMHO. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Talk some sense into me. Should I go with the hole in the roof and an NMO mount for the removable antenna? I would have this professionally done.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Breedlove mount, one that uses a 3/8 x 24 threaded stud. Sirio makes the performer 5000 with this option. Here is a pic of another setup. A fatboy puck was used instead of a Breedlove one. I like Breedlove mounts Better. Matter of opinion. But here is the antenna and it mounted to the vehicle Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440228845.240602.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  244.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440228855.042727.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  206.6 KB

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Need CB antenna idea for 2012 Honda Pilot

No NMO mount. Get a puck mount. A 3" one or 2" one will
    Work for the sirio 5000. They make them with SO239 or 3/8 threaded stud type to accept both the UHF base loaded sirio antennas or the 3/8 threaded type like above. Not sure about the fatboy mount but I know Breedlove makes a single hole mount. Check their webpage and go to the more options section. It should show you all the puck mounts. Also there are other companies that make these mounts. Look around if you like but the Breedlove mounts are time tested and proven to be good and been around a long time. JMHO.
    Last edited by 222DBFL; 08-22-2015 at 02:53 AM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully this helps some.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is your antenna 62"? How do you pull into your garage with that thing on? Do they make a 2 or 3 foot antenna? I am also wondering about why type of maintenance needs to be done when you have a hole drilled in your roof. I noticed from your photo that you have a factory mounted antenna, probably a GPS or radio antenna. I have a GPS antenna on mine, I'll post pictures this weekend. I don't do any maintenance with the existing GPS antenna.

Will this antenna work for HAM radio too or is that a different animal?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The sirio 5000 performer folds down at the base. Look them up. They make different styles. The performer 5000, turbo 5000, both fold down and are about 6.5ft. Almost 7ft. total length. Great antennas for both local and dx. Check out DNJ Radio for the antennas and Breedlove single hole mount. They make a 2 and 3" version. But the antenna can come completely off or folded down depending on style. And the whips bend pretty easy and bounce back as long as you take it slow. But yes they make a fold down model.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Breedlove makes an SO239 puck mount that you can mount one of the UHF bottom type sirio antennas as well. Google either DNJ radio or sirio antenna. And look up Breedlove mounts. Sirio makes a mount but IMO the Breedlove mount is 10x better. JMO.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll try to post some pics of my mag mount sirio 5000 performer. Sirio makes a good magnet mount for the sirio antennas. The PL145. I changed my coax out to lmr240, which is not necessary, but I had it laying around. Even the mag mounted sirio performer worked well for me on my old work van. Couldn't drill so I was forced to use a mag mount, and the sirio performer seemed to be the best out of the 3 I used. K40, Wilson 5000, then sirio performer 5000. The performer worked better than either of the other antennas. Same vehicle.

Visitors found this page by searching for

cb antenna honda pilot

cb antenna mount honda pilot