preps

Thread: Realistic TRC-427

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Realistic TRC-427

A friend gave me A Realistic TRC-427 and I was looking it over inside and out, it looks very similar to a cobra. Is it my imagination or is it made by Cobra? It seems to be a good radio anyone have any information about this radio.

Thanks

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kctgb View Post
    A friend gave me A Realistic TRC-427 and I was looking it over inside and out, it looks very similar to a cobra. Is it my imagination or is it made by Cobra? It seems to be a good radio anyone have any information about this radio.

Thanks
    It is very possible. Radio Shack did not have manufacturing facilities for complicated electronics.
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of the TRC radios were Uniden. Some Midlands and Dynascan's (Cobra) got in there. I have the TRC-451 which was the 40 channel version of the 23 channel TRC-450. The 450 was a Uniden board and the 451 was also. People who knew radios were fooled into thinking the 451 was a Cobra 146 chassis but it was just a good copy. It still was a Uniden lol. MOST of the chassis said Uniden right on the board. I just did one with a Uniden PC 221 board in it. I cant remember the TRC number. But anyway, look at the board number and reference that. I still have yet to find a good site that cross references the Realistic boards to their original manufactures. That would surly make things a lot easier.

There are some good brains here that check in every few days. It might take a couple weeks to get an answer. If you don't hear soon, I would suggest asking the fellas at cb radio magazine * com. You can send them a comment in the thread of a video on their youtube channel. There is a vid for adjusting the modulation of a TRC-427 @ https://youtu.be/wAVDbICTEO8
    Last edited by GrapeApe; 11-01-2015 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Adding Info

Visitors found this page by searching for

None