Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi new to cb

I new to the cb world just got my croba 29 an had it tuned

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tuned as in how and by who?? Just curious. Hopefully no limiters were clipped and whack packs added!! It's all snake oil!! Get a good antenna setup. Don't skimp in this area. A $400 radio and a $10 antenna usually equals a $10 radio that won't perform like it should. Invest in a good antenna mount, Breedlove, Gunny Puck, and a few others make great one hole puck mounts. Antenna, a good antenna, something over 6ft tall at least for best performance. The closer to 108" the better. MFJ makes a 108" whip or like most others a 102" common whip and a 6" HD SS spring gives you the same length. Depending on the vehicle some whip may need to be cut so another option is a 12" adjustable whip riser and a 102" whip. Also Sirio makes a good mobile antenna. The sirio performer 5000. Good coax like Belden, times microwave, Andrew, Commscope, Jefa, are good coax companies. If you search around on eBay you can find quality coax that can have the ends placed on for you if you don't do soldering. If you solder, get amphenol connectors. Also run power directly from battery to radio. Either both Pos and Neg to battery or how I prefer is Pos. to batt and Neg. to steel frame. Under the dash at the steering column or a seat frame bolt. Remove all paint and apply No-Ox to all connections. Tune VSWR (swr) to lowest values on 1, 20, and 40. Start at channel 20, take reading. Then go to channel 40 and check. If it's higher on 40, whip is too long. If it's higher on 1, whip is too short. You most likely know all of what I am telling you but just in case not. Also an external watt meter to set your VSWR would be a good idea. Don't trust the internal one until you verify it against a known good meter. Either check at what is left of a Radio Shack or eBay and get the Radio Shack swr/watt meter. For the money they seem to work well and not break your wallet. And they are small. You'll also need a coax jumper. Get a 3ft one. And last but not least, have fun with the new radio and if you already know the rest of what I said, disregard and have a great day!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

Steve_Buckeye (11-17-2015)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What's up everyone 947 buckeye 10 with a 4and1 wave

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    947;12168]What's up everyone 947 buckeye 10 with a 4and1 wave

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    I new to the cb world just got my croba 29 an had it tuned
    Welcome terry

I have only been here for a couple of weeks and also went with a 29LTD Classic and had it tuned. After being here I found that maybe some of the things "Tuned" maybe should not have been. I went in myself and corrected one item.

I also Finally took 222DBFL's advice and purchased the Sirio antenna and found it a much better antenna than the K30 or Lil Wil I had purchased.

Again Welcome
    Last edited by FATKAT; 11-17-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None