preps

Thread: LDC touch panel to control a cb radio?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

LDC touch panel to control a cb radio?

I have a new-to-me Chevy van and would like to install a cb radio in it, as well as quite a few other electronic toys. I would like to know if there is a cb radio that can be connected to a computer or tablet and be controlled by the tablet or pc. I am not talking about using the computer to chat on cb frequencies, but rather buying a cb radio and connecting it to the computer so that all of the control settings for the cb appear on the touch screen...or better yet, can be activated by voice. I am hoping to do this so that I can install all of the toys that I want under the seat, so are not visible by potential thieves.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No go Capt. They don't make any cb's that I know of nor have they ever made a cb of what you're asking for. You need to lay some cash down and get an HF radio that can be used this way. Check out Icom, Kenwood, or Yaseu, and see what they offer. There are even some with touch screens as well that the head mounts remotely. But they aren't a cb and need to to be modded to transmit on 11 meters. And break out the wallet cause its gonna cost a little bit more than any cb made. Sorry it's not what you want to hear but it would take some engineering to accomplish what you are asking. And there isn't enough money in cb radios that a manufacture can justify to add the features you are wanting. HF or Ham radios are a different story. Like I said check out the 3 names above for a radio that may fit your needs. Good luck.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None