preps
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Another NOOB

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Has it been raining a lot lately? Or was it real windy the day you checked the VSWR. These things will affect the VSWR. And also the connector at the feedpoint of the antenna can be a trouble area for water getting in. Might want to check your connectors if it's been raining a lot. JMHO.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't make it not post the photo sideways! I don't get it?

Everything seems to be good, maybe I did something wrong. I had the 980 tuned and everything seems to be working well.

Attachment 2001

I have added to the equipment. Now to figure out how to use it!?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If that is a KL203p, you may want to add a fan to it and also lower the DK on AM to 2w or less and use an external swr/watt meter as the internal one gets funny below 2 watts of dead key on AM. Also on SSB you can turn the power back a bit to about 8-10w pep. This will help ensure that your equipment lasts a lot longer. Don't worry about losing a few watts on the meter as no one on the other end can tell the difference between 70 or 90 watts!! JMHO. You will also find that the radio won't get hot either by cutting back on the SSB output power. JMHO. Keep it clean and mean!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep a 203P, the radio has been set up to run with it. I don't talk a lot so to this point it hasn't gotten even a little warm. Yes I also purchased a meter also seen in the photo but I have to try and understand how to work with it. I been looking for instruction's for a Cobra 29 for which items to tweak for adjusting the dead key so I can see how to use the meter. Its all still a little above my head at this time.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None