preps

Thread: Another NOOB

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222FL View Post
    And then make the adjustment. Watch your watt meter for it to show a 2 watt dead key and close the lid.
    It appears that Radio Shack no longer sells SWR/Watt Meters although you can find old units on E-Bay fairly cheap.

The Sirio Antenna is installed. Daaaaaaaang its a long antenna.................

Its too dark to get a photo so I will get that tomorrow. SWR's were less than 1.1 on Channel 1 and just under 1.2 on 40, out of the package so I just left it alone. Still unable to get a radio check from the house. I don't know what's up with that. It did seem I was hearing the truck drivers on the interstate and that is 10 miles away. Some more clear than others so maybe those were running amps.

222FL, if you don't mind when you get a chance post links or make and model of a dummy load set up you would recommend for budget minded equipment. Also that base Sirio antenna you mentioned, I looked and found a GPE 27 but the listings got confusing. can you post a link to said antenna? Please. This base and amp stuff is still way ahead of where I am at the moment but I can look and think about it.
    Last edited by FATKAT; 11-12-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None