preps
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Another NOOB

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can get one tomorrow from my buddies van. He has a 3" one hole so239 to so239 puck mount. A 5/8" hole is required and not much space on the bottom if you get the one with the ring terminals instead of the so239 connector.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222FL View Post
    I can get one tomorrow from my buddies van. He has a 3" one hole so239 to so239 puck mount. A 5/8" hole is required and not much space on the bottom if you get the one with the ring terminals instead of the so239 connector.
    That is what I was trying to figure out! Which one to buy. I don't know how much room I have and if I have clearance for the so239. Mounted on the truck I would need less that 3ft of coax to run from antenna and radio.

Do you know which one (model) it is? How much will he want for it?
    Last edited by FATKAT; 12-30-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So the middle of the CB band is 27.205 (Ch. 20), so I want the tip at 955mm (37.5") to 1060mm (41.7") adjust for SWR reading? Can I assemble and just prop it antenna up and check SWR reading and make adjustments or just set the tip in that range and call it good? My tape measure don't read in MM so I will need to convert.
    Last edited by FATKAT; 12-30-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You will have to order one from Breedlove mounts FATKAT. The one I speak of isn't for sale. You want this one here. Use the terminal ring style and you can then route your coax however you like as you don't have to a long connector and coax coming straight down. Terminal lugs can be fitted and not much room needed. Here is the one you want. Or from breedlovemounts.com

This should show and give you an idea of what you'll need if you go this route. Also here is the other mount with so239 to so239. This is the bottom of the so239 one and it is actually a bit different from the photo shown as a brass so239 long barrel is what is used on the mounts and not what you see pictured. That is the way my buddy's is made. It has a solid brass bulkhead barrel connector that runs through the mount making it an so239 to so239 and it is about 1"-2" long coming down into the vehicle. It even states in the add that a solid brass so239 is used as well as that it's made for large base coil antennas like the Wilson 5000 and Sirio performer 5000 and so on.
    Here is the photo of it and also the description. If you order one from them it will only take a couple days to get to you.
    Like I said, If it were me, I would go with the ring terminal mount. I tried to tell my local pal to do this but he wanted the so239 to so239, and due to the length needed for the connector and coax to flow down before bending it's about 4-6" of space needed IMO. Less could be used if a right angle PL259 was installed or even an PL259 to SO239 right angle adapter needs to be used in order to keep the coax from being right in your face in the back seat. Look at the photos I posted and you will understand exactly what I mean. I would get the 3" mount and I beleive with shipping which it flat rate $10, a mount would be $55. Well worth every penny IMO. Great mounts that I've never heard anyone speak bad about. The one on my buddies van is very nice and well constructed. Hasn't leaked a drop. I just don't like the so239 to so239 myself. The so239 to ring terminal one is the one I would get. Model #179 is the one. When you go to the Breedlove mount homepage click onto "more options", and scroll down to the one that says "SO-239 MOUNTS". Here are photos of the pages you want as well.

Hope this helps. Again I know the mounts aren't cheap, but I do promise they are worth every penny!! They work and look very nice with a sirio performer 5000 on top. Again hope this helps and have a good one!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

And just in case you want to add a different mounting type antenna, these are available.
    Not trying to push one of these LOL! I am not a spokesman for them either!! Just know they are good mounts and that the one I have and the others I've seen are made quite well. Anyway. Again, hope it helps and have a good one

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, I was just having trouble picturing how the "Ring Terminal" connects to the mount. I thought maybe one of the 90 degree 239 connectors may work but did not know how far the mount dropped below the roof.

Although I can solder some things I am unsure about soldering a 239 connector and getting it right. Until I get
    a little practice in and a few attempts under my belt it would be easier for me to solder ring terminal ends. I would be more confident in that anyway.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are pics of one of the 3" mounts with the so239 to so239 connector. No antenna is connected at top, under the red cap is an so239.
    Here you go. Take into account the connector and such and you'll see why I say get the one with the ring terminal connections.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here it is gentlemen. I'm tired, that was a job by myself but she's done. 50ft of coax was just long enough! If it had been a foot shorter I would have been in a mess.

Name:  1231151633.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  689.0 KBName:  1231151634.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  822.7 KB

I don't know why they are posting sideways and I'm too tired to fight it.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good man. What are vswr readings?? Looks like you got it up high enough. Good deal!!

Visitors found this page by searching for

None