222DBFL

What other radio beside the Uniden 980 would you recommend. I have looked at Galaxy 959, 979, 33HP2. The guy who worked on the radio recommended a Connex 4400 I think it was that he had tuned? I understand that this particular radio and the 33HP2 would need to be tuned to CB frequencies but am unsure about the SSB stuff at this point. I have also seen where a Texas Ranger radio was recommended but again tuning and mod's I don't know who I can trust around here to do it RIGHT, and at reasonable cost. I have seen some web sites with mod's alone totaling 200 to 300 dollars. Again I don't know what they are doing so I can't comment on cost other than I see where some say "recommended" mod's should not be to expensive.

I suppose I'm asking for a good "Starter" radio and if the Uniden is it then so be it. Just asking questions like a stupid new guy.

I'll throw 30 / 40 dollars at a Lil Wil and see and I can always upgrade from there.

I do not mind spending a little money on the right radio with the right mod's etc... and the internet has really been little help