The IMAX 2000 tunes with the rings just like an A99. They look almost the same except the IMAX 2000 is 24ft long vs the A99 at 18ft long. And they come pre tuned from factory for 27mhz I believe. Not much tuning required with these antennas. If you leave the rings alone and don't move them at all, not to check them out or anything, as I said they should be pre tuned. Now after you mount it and get it up on a short pole if possible and then check vswr and see if rings need any adjustments. The IMAX should be a plug and play antenna. Use some electrical tape around the rings to keep them from moving and paint antenna black. The painting isn't necessary, but with Fiberglass it's going to splinter eventually. Painting it or even using some plasti dip you can coat the antenna and this will help keep the splintering down as well as help conceal the antenna as well. Black is a good color it seems. My A99 is spray painted flat black and it blended in very well with surroundings, now the antenna I use now is a bit more noticeable LOL. Here are some pics of my antenna setup.