preps

Thread: is it ok to spray paint a base antenna for stealth?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOTY MONSTER View Post
    if you paint it be sure to not use paint with metallic particles in it .
    i wouldn't attach a vertical antenna to a tree trunk unless at least 3/4 of it cleared the trunks top AND it's one without ground radials like a 99,2k etc. . a better option would be to attach 10 ft of pipe/mast to the antenna and mount that to the tree so the antenna clears it .

you can also "hide" horizontal wire dipoles easily between trees just keep them at least 20 ft high , the higher the better . put 2 of them up 90 degrees off from each other with a antenna switch and you can switch between north/south and east/west directionality , dipoles won't be like jessie's beam though !
    Damn there go's the neighborhood! Where you been hiding Booty?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

222FL (01-25-2016), BOOTY MONSTER (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJamesDallas View Post
    Damn there go's the neighborhood! Where you been hiding Booty?
    still in the chesterfield area . THINGS ARE GOING GREAT ! had the gastric bypass last april and i'm down to 287 yesterday morning was 556 @ my highest and i was 474 last march . i still have the homebrewed vector but i haven't put it up in a while . been thinking about putting the old 148 and cowtown back on the mobile so i figured i'd scan the forums to see what's up .

is mike breedlove still selling puck mounts ? googled him but didn't find his site

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOTY MONSTER View Post
    still in the chesterfield area . THINGS ARE GOING GREAT ! had the gastric bypass last april and i'm down to 287 yesterday morning was 556 @ my highest and i was 474 last march . i still have the homebrewed vector but i haven't put it up in a while . been thinking about putting the old 148 and cowtown back on the mobile so i figured i'd scan the forums to see what's up .

is mike breedlove still selling puck mounts ? googled him but didn't find his site
    CONGRATS on the weight loss. Latter post some before and after photos.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None