preps

Thread: Coaxial Cable Excess

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Coaxial Cable Excess

I have just installed my base antenna and running about 40' of a 50' piece of cable to it from the base station. My question is should I coil the excess 10' of cable inside by the radio or outside by the antenna connection?
    thanks
    Last edited by dice55; 02-26-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't matter. Just make the coils neat and don't make them too small. The winds that is. 10ft of excess isn't too much at all!! Good to have a little extra just in case you need to service something or replace a connector. Always good to have a service loop. You can place one at the antenna and at the radio, this way you have slack on both ends to work with. But no. It shouldn't hurt anything by coiling the wire up into a neatly made coil that is not too small as to cause damage to the coax. JMHO.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, I have about 10'+ coiled up on the side of my tower. I have to un-tie it when I lay the tower over to service the antenna...Otherwise I would have to unhook the coax from the radio stuff to have enough slack to lay the tower over.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

222FL (02-27-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, I'll get started tomorrow, it's been along time since I had all this hooked up. Great forum.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None