preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A/C Power supply

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good deal!! My megawatt supply has been in use for over 2yrs now and it still runs like new. No change. Just clean the fan every once in an while with a can of compressed air.
    That PS will run a 2 pill amp all day as well. Just to let you know. I put my old magnaforce 350hd with 2 toshiba 2879's in it on my supply and ran it with my uniden 980. Not a lot of input from 980, but enough to make a couple hundred watts. PS had no problem keeping up!!
    At any rate. It's coming along! Keep at it. And keep getting your license or tech ticket. It will open up some other stuff for sure!! And if you get general, you can really enjoy a lot of stuff! At any rate, keep up the good job and maybe we can get lucky and catch each other on air. 73 and God Bless.
    222 Daytona Beach, FL.
    Sean.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 222FL For This Useful Post:

Fogdog (05-21-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good. I was wondering if this power supply would run my radio and a 2 pill amp that I have. I got my tech license in 2013. I traveled for 16 months in 2015-2016 and didn't have any radios with me. For about 8 months though I was pretty heavy into the 10 meter band. Personally I really still like 11 meter ssb. I'm not a Ham snob, I like radio period. I still talk to the operators around here on 2 meter. I'm actually the only active Ham on this whole mountain, so I've been told. I keep them up to date on weather conditions, because this area has a lot of recreational activities. It's also 35 miles from the Johnson City area. Anyway, just plugging along getting my shack together. Moving into this house from the west coast, and all the work were doing here has left the radio money on a low priority status, so I'm trying to get it all together a little at a time.
    I hope we can have a Qso soon.

Last edited by Fogdog; 05-20-2016 at 08:05 PM.

73 The Fogdog is clear and out of here!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to thank you for steering me in the direction of the megawatt power supply. Nothing fancy, but it just plain works, and the cost is great.
    Last edited by Fogdog; 05-21-2016 at 09:04 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fogdog For This Useful Post:

222FL (05-21-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries. And yes it should power your radio and a 2 pill amp. They are actually rated @ 36A from 9-15vdc.
    And megawatt the website. Check it out before you buy anywhere else. But anyway, he sells a 50A power supply as well for $110. My local pal got one and he loves it! Best $110 he has spent in long time is what he said. They also have a 2yr warranty. Good dude that runs it. Here is the site.
    Anyways, glad to help man. Haven't been hearing much of anything on the radio but static. I don't turn it on but on the weekends now. But every now and again when the DX rolls, I get TN a lot. We may have spoken from where you lived before. I know your handle
    is familiar to me. Are you a member on another forum? I got banned from that one, don't know why either. But I hang out either here or on the WWDX forum. At any rate glad you are happy with the supply, they are truly nice for the money and have very good filtering. I use one on my Icom 746 and run it at 13.85vdc and I get about 110w pep on SSB. It's not a big AM radio, but I have talked DX with it on AM. I mostly hang out on 38lsb.
    Go by 222, Daytona Beach, FL.
    Sean.
    Anyways. Have a good one and keep us posted about how the rest of the install goes!! Sounds like you are going to be busy for a bit LOL!! 73 and God Bless.
    Sean.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay just read your other post, I thought we had spoken on air before!! Hope to catch you up there. It's been dead lately, but what is funny is you will have conditions and it's just been so quiet no one gets on. I've just been fooling around when I thought the DX was completely dead and next thing I knew I was speaking with a bunch of people! All up your way, and east and north. I get TN, here a lot so hopefully we will talk soon. Be safe and keep up the good work!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Skip has pretty much been dead here. Last week there was a little bit. I also hang out on TWRC, and cb radio forum. If I want craziness I go to mauldroppers.
    The local cb'ers around here are truck drivers, and they pretty much just talk between themselves. Not to friendly. I prefer DX, over local anyway. Nice to get a radio report after you make a change to your station though. I see a few base antennas around here, but I haven't heard anything, except on 2 meters. Maybe I'll get some more activity when I get my dipole up in the air, and approx 100 ft from the house. Still getting a lot of stray RF, even with the LPF in line. Hope that stops with the install of the 1.1 balun.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It should. That is what they are made for.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None