preps
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Radio's RF trips breakers

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Radio's RF trips breakers

Now maybe I can come visit both of you guys! Been to Tallman's house before and have had dinner with him and his wife. Very nice people and 100% friend to me, Tallman is Good people!! Hope all is well there and tell the wife I said hello for me. I need a vacation anyways, so maybe here soon I'll be getting my ticket and will be able to talk to you guys all the way from here through repeaters or if you have an Icom radio we can do D-star maybe?? I know Tallman has a 7100, and my local pal just got one as well. Might make me break down and get one, or a 7000. Either way, sweet radios. Sorry for the babbling! Have a good morning to both of you gents.
    And Fogdog, just buy the wife a new lamp or 2 to replace the ones that are acting up. Good way to get something you want as well!! When Wife Happy, Life is Happy, for us anyways!
    73 and God Bless.
    Sean.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds good. I missed the opportunity to visit the Tallman when we traveled through Kentucky. He helped me out over the phone with my last mobile install. Very knowledgeable. We tried to make contact on 10 meters several times but it just didn't work out. Maybe a Cbjunkies reunion.

73 The Fogdog is clear and out of here!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He is very knowledgeable. He is the one that steered me toward the Icom 746 and I have been a happy camper ever since. Love my Icom's now! It's just been so dead on 11m. So I like many am going to get my ticket here very soon. And this time I mean it Tallman!! I have a couple of handheld radios. Cheap ones I suppose but they work. The guy I bought my Icom from set up a repeater and got his business band license renewed and got his old freq back as well. I am under him on that and can speak on the freq with him.
    2 radios are the UV5R and the UV82. He has an Icom 7100, 5100, 746 pro, a bunch of old radios as well and a kenwood ts480sat. He has more than that and he has the new Icom fr6200h or something close to that. Total repeater setup. Antenna is up at about 95ft. He bought a nice Hoffman waterproof outdoor enclosure for it and has solar power and the whole nine yards setup in it. Very nice it is. So I have to get my ticket now man!! Will get the tech and go for general while I am there. Just to see what I am dealing with. Heck I might get lucky, ya never know! At any rate, just thought I would share that. I will be getting a decent dual band radio here myself. The Icom only has 6m and 2m as well as HF. But anyways. You gents be good and hope you are having a good day. It's actually very nice here at the moment. Here is a pic. Have a great day from Port Orange, FL, just down the road from Daytona Bch.

Not a cloud in sight! Nice breeze and it's actually not too hot at the moment!!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogdog View Post
    Hey Tallman good hearing from you. It's been awhile. I'm just down the road from you now in east Tennessee.
    Hahaha, I told my wife I was just going to unplug those lights. We don't use them anyway.
    Same here, I just unscrew the light bulbs.
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Tallman good hearing from you. It's been awhile. I'm just down the road from you now in east Tennessee.
    Hahaha, I told my wife I was just going to unplug those lights. We don't use them anyway.
    Where about in East Tennessee? Knoxville or further in to the mountains?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds good. I missed the opportunity to visit the Tallman when we traveled through Kentucky. He helped me out over the phone with my last mobile install. Very knowledgeable. We tried to make contact on 10 meters several times but it just didn't work out. Maybe a Cbjunkies reunion.
    I'm game but I don't think Silverado996 will show up, He's too married to his job and playing on his new ranch. Maybe we could all go to his place and have ourselves a "Hamvention/field day" on those 36 acres in the wilderness.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, that sounds good. I don't think 996 will mind. I just talked to him via email a week ago. It was good to hear from him. I'm in Roan Mountain, Tn. About 4 miles from Western NC, in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It's a new cabin/chalet on 10 acres of heavily wooded property. It's pretty awesome. The creek is right across the road, and I fly fish less than a mile from my house in the Doe River. Turkey and deer hunting on my property. Lots of trees to deal with, when it comes to any kind of antenna. I'm building a inverted v dipole for 10 arnd 11 meters. 2meter works well up here. The repeater is about 15 Miles from here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fogdog For This Useful Post:

222FL (05-22-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    222dbfl here is a link for you to study with: http://www.hamradiolicenseexam.com/ No pass they refund your money. I ACED the tech and only missed one on the general. It does not just teach the test it does teach the course and prepares you for the test.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tallman For This Useful Post:

222FL (05-22-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    overdriving or over modulating a radio or amp will produce splattered frequencies or harmonics of the channel you're transmitting on and can affect nearby electronics . check your radio's power output and modulation levels to be sure they're not the source of the problem . sometimes (mostly in vehicles) relocating the coax route away from a susceptible device or it's (power) wiring can also help .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome antenna there 222

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fogdog For This Useful Post:

222FL (05-22-2016)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None