preps

Thread: All in the name

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

All in the name

This is a fun and informative site to navigate and I would like to be a part of action. I've been on the two way from the late 1970's. I started out as "red eye" on a 23 Channel mounted in my jeep. In 1980 my jeeps gas gage broke. I mounted two 5 gal gas cans on the back because I was bad about topping off my tank offend enough to keep from running out of gas, that usually happened 3 to 4 times a week. All this led to me saying I'm going 10-7 and 15 minutes later saying I'm 10-8 and smoken! During the 15 minute period I'd hear my two way ringing off the hook with "are you at the gas can?" I had a huge group of friends and always making new ones with the help of my palomar tube kicking my rant. After about a month of pulling over to get the gas can, some of the new arrivals heard "gas can" enough times leading them to think that was my handle and my regulars thought that was funny and "gas can" was born! No matter how much I fought to keep my original handle "red eye", "gas can" was to be the only call for me and it became permanent. My 23 chan radio was swapped out for a 40 chan then to a 40 chan with ssb. I retired after more than 30 years as a plumber/remodel guy. I spent a lot of time on the road working in Sacramento, San Francisco and Marin ca. The two way (and my dog) was with me the entire time, and at times keeping me alive during the longs days, I know you all have been there. 99.99% of the voices I've heard in my travels across these United States keeps me on the radio. Looking forward to more of what makes cbjunkies great, CB junkies! Ya'l take care now! "gas can" said it!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gas can For This Useful Post:

Red75 (07-06-2016)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None