preps

Thread: Hello from the Mojave Desert

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello from the Mojave Desert

Hello All: Like to read the mail and see what everybody is talking about.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert, no freeway off ramp yet, no international airport either. But miss Dinahs's fillin station has good prices on ammo.....

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hope all is going well your way jay

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Jay welcome 2 the forum!! It is good to have an antenna expert on the forum.Ladies and Gentleman I would like to introduce Jay in the Great Mojave Desert. Jay is the INNOVATOR and ARCHITECT and MANUFACTURER of the 10k INTERCEPTER GROUND PLANE and CRUSADER 10K BEAM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ARCHBISHOP For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (02-13-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the forum.

Waving a hand from Va
    Stickman

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome Jay I've heard ya out there! (definitely doing it right)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello All: Thanks for the friendly welcome aboard. I enjoy reading all the postings and what not going on with the radio world.

I go camping at times and put up a Interceptor 10K Antenna and shot a little skip when the conditions allow. Last time just heard noise and one of the guys generator making ignition nose, pretty quiet for contacts. Not even local stations in there. But I'll keep trying.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert... just down the road ah ways from the fillin station

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome. I almost ran out of gas at your 20. I bet once the skip gets rollin, it must be some awesome comms.

73 The Fogdog is clear and out of here!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome jay! Your right about nothing out there. I had a friend that lived in Barstow ca. He was always trying to get me to go mine diving with him in the desert. I decided to take a 6 month vacation from my residence in Sacramento ca and rented a house with stables (came with horses) in Hinkley ca. Too hot for horse back, I road my KLX 250 around my rented 360 acher desert back yard to scout the 15-20 foot across holes in the ground ( mines). He would meet me the following day and we jumped in our fully out fitted 4x4's to go dive into the old mines. One day I was being lowered down on my winch cable into a mine shaft and I hear "LOOK OUT!" My buddy above me working the winch stopped, grabbed his 12 gage and fired right over me blowing the head of a diamond back a few feet below me! That wasn't the end of it, as I was looking up at my buddy saying thanks for saving my life is when I noticed the 3 GIANT honeycombs about 4 feet long hanging less then 10 feet from my face! This WAS truly my lucky day! The honeycombs were abandoned! This all happened in the first 5 MINUTES! Dropping into the huge hole in the ground. There is a LOT MORE to this dive but I need an hour to tell the entire event! Anyway my actual first thought about just down the road from the fillen station is all the coyotes you pass eating the road kill on the double yellow line along the way! That DONT get out of your way! Welcome aboard! Gas can said it

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Gas Can: Yeah looking thru the mines can be real dangerous got to watch things as you said.

My Uncle "Uncle Marion" found a Silver Mine near Death Valley, as a creepy little kid Uncle Marion sent me and my cusion Tim in a very small mine as it was only a about 3 feet high. We took in a metal bucket filled with wood chips, oil, and gasoline and matches, we placed the bucket in the mine about 300 feet or so and light the bucket and took off getting out of the mine. Uncle Marion looking at the side of the hill just below the mines entrance we could see smoke from the bucket, coming up all over hill indicating the mining shafts were all over the place.

The BLM has since put bars over the main entrance and dynamited the other openings to keep people out there as it was a death trap.

Last trip hiked all over the place, used a metal locator to find square nails and pop tops. Found a few arrow heads, got a square nail in left front tire. Great place for shooting skip.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Jay, forget the metal locator when looking for square nails, just bring 4 rollers and drive around. The bucket trick is a great idea, I'll remember that if I ever get the sack to go back into those old mines. Your right about the wide open spaces, they gave me the reason to pick up a scope for my Super RedHawk, way more fun! I should have collected some of the old stuff I found, pans, tools other makeshift items, but I was too busy with the cold sweats under ground in areas that looked like they were going to collapse any second and the only lights we had were flash lights taped to the business end of our 12 gauge pumps looking around for any starving animals that did fall into the mine from the piles of feces everywhere! I guess I'm lucky to have found the memories. Keep up the good times Jay! Gas can said it

Visitors found this page by searching for

None