preps

Thread: Echo

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Echo

Was wondering if I could have an echo board installed in my Galaxy DX929 using the dimmer switch for adjust ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can use the placement for your echo control but the echo pot is a dual pot as to where the original is just a single for your dimmer control. Resistance differences and such also factor in. I personally like to keep the original features as designed and install the echo controls on the rear because it's not really a function you always adjust but that's just my preference. Some do prefer them in place of other controls so I've done several that way too. Hope that answers your question.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep. If anything replace one the front knows that isn't used much for the echo knob. I've seen quite a few installs where the delta tune knob was cut out and soldered together on cobra 29's and the dual pot for the echo board be placed in its spot. The above poster is correct, your dinner switch may not even be the right one to anyways due to it rating as well as the fact it's only a single knob. Look for a knob on the front yo replace or have a hole drilled in it. The back is a good spot as to not be seen, but many place them on the side as well. I like the idea of having it on the back. Easiest way to get good echo is an RF Limited 2018 extreme mic. Great mic with all the echo and effects you could want. And it's got Noise Reduction as well. A lot easier to remove too if you sell radio down the road. But if you have the echo board already, depending on which one you get, it may already come pre wired with a dual knob. Some do and some don't. Anyhow. Just some other options and hopefully you get it installed where you want it. And enjoy it, but don't go crazy with the echo effect. JMHO's. Good day!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if they still make them i'll suggest a 2018 xtreme mic . using the double talk rather than echo with the pots a hair under 2 and 2 sounds awesome . it also adds variable talk back ... which i think your 929 already has .....

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOTY MONSTER View Post
    if they still make them i'll suggest a 2018 xtreme mic . using the double talk rather than echo with the pots a hair under 2 and 2 sounds awesome . it also adds variable talk back ... which i think your 929 already has .....

Yeah the 2018xtr would have been an excellent option but that's an extinct animal anymore. Anything you loved from the rf limited lineup has been discontinued or near the end of its production cycle. The trb-x4 is due out hopefully before the holidays and the new echo power mic to replace the 2018 possibly due soon after that. For now you can go with the cheaper workman echo mics that are sold under the superstar name if you want to go with the microphone option but don't expect a digital echo from those mics as they are inferior in all ways to the 2018. If you go with an internal echo I install and have learned to love the LT-2N as it's superior to anything from workman, astatic or some of the others floating around out there. And just for an added bonus, there's a great talk back mod to clean up the audio on those radios after a tuning and alignment has been done and especially if you decide to go with the echo install. Just my 2 cents!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eldorado828 For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (09-30-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here you go. 2018 extreme mic. And yes that is about the going proce and has been for a while.
    Better than having to mess with an echo board that is for sure!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And they do have them in stock.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None