preps
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heathkit SB-200 not modded or altered. Wanting to use on 11-meter

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That amp needs a foot pedal to key amp. It has a 120v relay. Few options possible. Foot pedal with RCA jack easiest. Otherwise other option is change relay to 12vdc, then need small 12v source and could then install standard keying circuit. Another option is build a small feedthru box with relay and keying circuit, use a rca jack from back of amp and small cord to remote box. Relay inside would switch it off and on. Remote box would need a small 12v supply.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crusher For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (09-17-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. I assume you recommend using the foot pedal. How does it work? Where does it plug into? Is it something I can easily make? Keying circuit seems like what I would want to do depending on cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Happy DXing

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Crusher.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You think he could or needs to send you the amp to have what he wants done to it done?? If so, Matt you might want to shoot Crusher a PM. This is the person I was recommending! He is a good amp tech should be able to get the amp working the way you want. Shoot him a PM, and he will help you out I am pretty sure. Best amp tech I know! He does know his Shizz!! Anyhow. Hope you get it all resolved. And hope all this helps. Have a good one!!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And again, thx again for responding and for any other help as well man!! Matt, Crusher is a stand up gent and one hell of an amp tech. I highly recommend him!! Does some clean work and is top notch and not out to rip anyone off. I will back that 110%!!! Again, hope you get it resolved Mattsowders1989! Good morning LOL!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    222, thank you so so very much for all of your help. You have gone out of your way to help me and I couldn't thank you enough for that!!!

Happy DXing

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's no worries. Like I said, I just pay it forward! Hopefully you can get in touch with Crusher. I'm pretty sure. Now that he knows what is going on, if you just send him a message that you will be able to get the work you need done or at the very least the info to do it if you wanted to. Crusher is a stand up dude! Highly respected in the amp community. He is humble, that is all. His work speaks for him!! I'll just say that! Again, glad to help as much as I could.. Let me know how things worked out. Or at least update the thread. Have a good day man.
    73 and God Bless!!!
    Sean.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    That amp needs a foot pedal to key amp. It has a 120v relay. Few options possible. Foot pedal with RCA jack easiest. Otherwise other option is change relay to 12vdc, then need small 12v source and could then install standard keying circuit. Another option is build a small feedthru box with relay and keying circuit, use a rca jack from back of amp and small cord to remote box. Relay inside would switch it off and on. Remote box would need a small 12v supply.
    Where does the foot pedal hook up to? What would you recommend?

Happy DXing

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There should be a RCA jack on the back of amp. Google Heathkit SB200 and look at manual. It will show you which jack in back is to key.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know you have something rigged to get amp to key, but have you been able to load up at all?

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads1776-Heathkit-SB-200-not-modded-or-altered-Wanting-to-use-on-11-meter

sb-200 cb radio