preps

Thread: Skip

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Skip

Well, skip has been pretty poor for this area for some time. Has been some from South America and southern and a bit from northern Caribbean. Yesterday evening...to my surprise...I made contact with 165 in Queensland, Australia. Holly Cow!! This was done with a low power setup and a Ground-plane. I just about jumped out of my Skin. Just wanted to share that. 73's

2. The Following User Says Thank You to phantom_tb For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (09-16-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Being at the right place at the right time!! Nice contact!! Bet it made your day!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was getting Australia and New Zealand in here quiet a bit in the late afternoons, usually right before dark, and maybe a hour past dark on 36-39 lsb...Have also made contacts down under on channel 28 AM...But right now everything's dead.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (09-16-2016), phantom_tb (09-17-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here, but man it's been static only here!! Long enough for me to turn the radio off! Can't sit all day by it!! Won't be the same or near the same for a while!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

JesseJamesDallas (09-16-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I hear ya. Ain't been by the radio much either. Check it now and then.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to phantom_tb For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (09-17-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes sir. Heard a little DX yesterday, Sat. In the afternoon. Wasn't there long and then it was back to static LOL! I've turned it on the last couple mornings, but it's dead as can be!!! It may be a while before we get some good conditions at all back!! It may come and go, but it won't be all day long everyday to the same people like it was!!! But again. Great contact. Made my trip into Australia with a homemade dipole maybe 8-10ft off the ground, using a stock uniden PC122XL, and had a good conversation with an old forum member. Yes sir it was pretty cool. And then to speak with him on the forums. Here as well as another forum, was just cool as can be!!! Anyhow. Proves that being at the right place at the right time is key to making contacts sometimes LOL!! It was definitely a good one!! Especially where you are at! A pretty long trip!! Have a good one and keep at it man!! ✌️️.
    73 and God Bless from
    222 Daytona Bch., FL.
    Sean.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None