preps

Thread: Homemade quarter-wave ground plane base antenna

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How's it going BOOTY MONSTER. Been a while since I have seen you around or even spoken with you. Hope all is well and thx for responding. You know way way more than I do about antennas!!! That I know is a fact!!
    I am using the Sirio vector 4000 with a couple of simple mods I did to it and it has held up through a pretty rough summer here around central FL. It's one heck of a vertical antenna. But that is JMO. I know many say they are weak. And I would have to agree, they could use some modding in specific places to strengthen them up. But other than that they are a great vertical antenna IMO. What's your take on them?? Just curious.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222DBFL View Post
    How's it going BOOTY MONSTER. Been a while since I have seen you around or even spoken with you. Hope all is well and thx for responding. You know way way more than I do about antennas!!! That I know is a fact!!
    I am using the Sirio vector 4000 with a couple of simple mods I did to it and it has held up through a pretty rough summer here around central FL. It's one heck of a vertical antenna. But that is JMO. I know many say they are weak. And I would have to agree, they could use some modding in specific places to strengthen them up. But other than that they are a great vertical antenna IMO. What's your take on them?? Just curious.
    i'm doing very well , thanks for asking . hope you are also . had my gastric bypass in april 2015 and i'm in the 230's now and hope to stay under 250 . had my knee replaced 3 months ago and that has gone very very well ! so i'm doing really great !

i'm a huge fan of the vector 4000 type antennas . i was so concerned about the durability of it's construction , there were many comments about it flailing in winds and breaking so i decided to try to build my own and it is a beast physically ! electrically it should be the same potential as you'rs or any other antenna of this design . i built a few dipoles , 1/4 wave ground planes , a few variations of 5/8 -.64 wavelength antennas and this vector did perform better , not night and day but better . haven't had it up for a few years , but i'm keeping it because i hope to get back up at some point . here's a link to my build ......

http://www.cbjunkies.com/threads/66-...-4-vector-4000

Visitors found this page by searching for

two kw 6 58 base antenna homemade