preps

Thread: Homemade quarter-wave ground plane base antenna

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Homemade quarter-wave ground plane base antenna

Love my vector 4000. It has done me well for the past couple years!! And with some simple mods it has stood up to some nasty storms. I live in Central FL and we have had our share of crappy weather this past summer. I didn't build mine like yours is, but some simple mods like HD heat shrink on every joint from top to bottom and also mounting it not onto the side of my mast pipe but down over it making it straight instead of adding
    more pressure to mount it has done an excellent job. Yes I though very much that it would fail, but be darned if it doesn't take a licking and keep on ticking! Just like a timex LOL!! Anyhow, glad to hear you are well and that your health is getting better!! Not many understand I suppose bow well the Sirio vector 4000 can work if you take the time to do some simple things to sturdy it up. I also used NO-OX on the entire antenna minus the SO-239. This has kept it nice and shiny and looking like new for a while now. Little things do help and I am happy to have one of these antennas. They rock and man will they put out a signal and receive one as well! With mine only being 27ft to the base. I am able to Talk out to about 70 miles consistently locally and at times double that! Not shabbby for only being as high as it is off the ground to the base (27ft). Anyhow m, glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks they are a good antenna. Wish I had the skills like you to build one like you did. But I am happy with what i have. Anyhow. Again, glad to hear you are doing better and hope to one day catch you on air!!
    222 Daytona Beach, FL saying 73 and God Bless.
    Sean.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (10-28-2016)

Visitors found this page by searching for

two kw 6 58 base antenna homemade