preps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 10 Max

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alpha 10 Max

So, I got one of these Radios a couple weeks ago. But, it has an issue. I've gone in the Radio program menu and turned off the TNS and TES which turns on/off the talkback. It still has talkback after turning them both off. Anyone got a clue how to fix this? I don't want or use these features. Can't use Radio for the feedback.
    Last edited by phantom_tb; 10-19-2016 at 03:37 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try a ferrite choke on the mic. And also one on your internal and external speaker. Might help.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Or is talkback just not disabling at all? Meaning when you turn it off or all the way down it's still way loud? If so you may need to read the manual again as to how to make it truly turn off. Or maybe a reset of the CPU. Just some food for thought.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not disabling at all. Talkback is software controlled. On or off is the only choice. When I turn it off it still has talkback and it causes bad feedback. Beats me what to do now. 73's

5. The Following User Says Thank You to phantom_tb For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (10-24-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe a bad component. Also have you tried lowering your mic Gain to see if there is any change. Reason why I am asking all this is i have a radio that doesn't have talkback and I get transmit that comes through the external speaker. Not loud, but noticeable. This only happens with amplified speakers as well. So if you are using amplified external speakers that may be another thing to look into. Also see if you can track down the schematic and find the talkback circuit. Might be able to disable it totally this way.
    Lastly, if the radio is new and still under warranty, send it back ASAP with a note explaining what is happening. They may have either a firmware or software fix for it or they will replace the components or the radio.
    Hope you get it resolved. I am not a fan of talkback myself! Rather use another radio for monitoring myself. Good luck and again, hope you get it resolved!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Never mind on the warranty unless where you bought it from has one offered on it.
    Also have checked to make sure you have the PA mode off. This will create a similar issue as the one you are seeing. It's the same as the talkback. Can be enabled or disabled through menu. And if you bought the radio used might it be possible that someone performed the louder talk back mod and now this is why you can disable it? May have been done wrong. Yes there is a mod to increase the loudness of the talkback! Must not be loud enough out of the box. Don't own one so hard for me to say LOL! Just trying to help. Here is a pic from the service manual as to how to increase or decrease the talkback by adding a resistor. This might help you get the talkback level down or doable it completely. Found this here
    http://www.cbradio.nl/alpha/ServiceM...M-1000_ENG.pdf
    Hope you get it working the way you want. Also looking at the back of the radio, make sure your antenna connection wire is soldered on well. A cold solder joint or a plain out bad one or even a partially broken one from the SO239 spinning. I've seen some that are like this, and it will cause some feedback issues as well. Again, hope you get it resolved. Maybe read the menu for any other things needed to do to get talk back truly disabled. Good luck and be safe!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would think that a resistor change to a different value would decrease the talkback mod. If you look at the pic I posted you will see what is stock and may be able to see if the one in there is the same or if it has been altered. Or you can try disabling it completely as I said also. I am just not fond of talkback! It isn't even what you really sound like on air! But anyways. Again l, hope you get it resolved!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

phantom_tb (10-24-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Radio's in remarkably good shape and no t/b mod has been done. I've never cared for t/b in any radio I've had. Always been a pain for this very reason (feedback). Thanks for all the effort on your part. Might have to get it to a shop to see if they can disable it on this SMT board. Hey... hope ya made it through the storm ok. 73's

11. The Following User Says Thank You to phantom_tb For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (10-24-2016)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Radio has no mic gain on front panel. I find that to be a bit odd. External speaker in non amplified, also. Been looking at the schematic today but, my electronics knowledge is somewhat weak. 73's

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries. I am certainly no tech myself by any means that is for sure! I am sure a tech would look at and find the issue pretty quickly. Sucks to have to send it out, but it's the best thing you can do IMO.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

phantom_tb (10-26-2016)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None