preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hy-Gain SPT-500 (the new model) how-to for 11 meter

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ....retiring my Maco 5/8 and replacing with Penetrator SPT500. Hope the measurements work for me as well. Thanks for the post!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to frontshadow For This Useful Post:

Cedar Mountain Radio (01-05-2021)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by frontshadow View Post
    ....retiring my Maco 5/8 and replacing with Penetrator SPT500. Hope the measurements work for me as well. Thanks for the post!!
    Don't be surprised if you feel the Maco shot skip a little better because the angles of RF take off are a little different. A now SK friend of mine was all about DX and not into local chitchat and he actually preferred the Maco for DX but it was short DX back then, mostly only 1-2 states away. Might be a different story when it comes to cross-country or international DX.
    But I bet you'll like the SPT-500 better for local ops

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone!!!

I have just bought my SPT 500 antenna and i have a question, somebody knows what is the bandwidth for this antenna, i try to use it for 26 and 27 mhz but a canīt get it, or maeby iīm did something wrong when i assembled it, thanks in advance, 73īs!!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian XE1D View Post
    Hi everyone!!!

I have just bought my SPT 500 antenna and i have a question, somebody knows what is the bandwidth for this antenna, i try to use it for 26 and 27 mhz but a canīt get it, or maeby iīm did something wrong when i assembled it, thanks in advance, 73īs!!!
    It should be about 1 1/2 megs wide at 2:1 swr. Is it about 22 feet 9 inches total plus the top radials?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsowders1989 View Post
    I figured this info would be useful since this particular antenna is very picky about its tuning for 11 meters.

I assembled the antenna and made the ground radials exactly 103" each. From the bottom tip of the coax connector to the screw that holds the top hat on, it is 22' 6.25" and preforms great! Flat to a 1.1:1 across the band. No need to make any changes to the top hat, just follow the instructions provided with it. This is by far the best antenna I have ever used or owned. Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding the antenna.

By the way, I'm running approx. 800 watts through it with no problem. The distance I get is huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used these messurements exactly thinking I would be good to go, nope, SWR is off the scale on 11 meters and the best I can do on 10 meters is 2.5 on 28.300 and 3.5 on 28.500, so what works for one doesn't necessarily work for everyone! I've adjusted the antenna all over the place and not one messurement I've found on the net works! I'll work with a little more and see if I can get it, if not I will send it back for a different antenna or put my Starduster back up!

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads1799-Hy-Gain-SPT-500-(the-new-model)-how-to-for-11-meterpage2

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads1799-Hy-Gain-SPT-500-(the-new-model)-how-to-for-11-meter

hy gain spt 500 11 meter length

length of spt 500 for 11 meter cbsize of spt 500 at 11 meters swr too high on spt 500 for 11 meter bandhy-gain spt-500 11 meter lengthhttp:www.cbjunkies.comthreads1799-Hy-Gain-SPT-500-(the-new-model)-how-to-for-11-meter#post_13282http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads1799-Hy-Gain-SPT-500-(the-new-model)-how-to-for-11-meter#post_13416