preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wooops!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know how long the run is. I would say it is 6ft. I think I will just strip out a spot and add a ground if I do anything. I had wanted to add a fuse block with a large wire running from the battery and maybe a ground buss bar that went back to the battery so that the wiring would maybe more manageable.

I think the amp's have 10g wire coming out of them and I noted on my power supply that the Palomar was only pulling 12 to 15 amps. The KL203's were pulling the same when modulating.

Like I said I got so many questions on this stuff.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With DC power the longer the run the more loss there is. If your run is only about 6ft., I would take the time and get a good in line fuse for the battery. Only install one ground as having more like you are speaking of May cause ground loops. Make the ground as short as possible. That doesn't mean cut your wire harness. Just don't use too much extra. I promise that a seat bolt or one under the dash to the steering column will work perfectly. I would use a large positive wire and you can add the fuse block at battery and a small one that holds 2 wires and is fused as well. Check out a stereo shop or even a Best Buy stereo dept or the install dept for car stereos and they can help you a lot. You don't have to buy what they are selling, but don't get the cheap ones as the plastic will melt and cause shorting!! Been there and done that.
    IMO, I would run no less than #8awg fine strand wire like I showed a pic of. PM me if you need some help. You know me. Anyhow. Hope you get it done the way you would like and the proper way as well!! Keep in touch.
    222 Daytona Beach, FL
    73 and God Bless
    Sean

Visitors found this page by searching for

None