preps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xforce straight 12 minimum to maximum input to drive the xforce???

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Xforce straight 12 minimum to maximum input to drive the xforce???

Morning!!! Looking for someone who knows the minimum and maximum output from radio to drive an XFORCE Straight 12 Base...Thank you, BTW, What knowledge I lack with this particular product, I am experienced in all other aspects. This is my 38th year in comms...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    go to their website, and ask. they are very helpful.

73 The Fogdog is clear and out of here!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From XForces web site: So when you key the radio, with the Amp turned ON, you can have up to a 300w DK and be OK...Depending on the radio, you might need a driver to get 300w DK out of the Amp...

"Maximum Recommended Dead Key Power Output From The Amp To The Antenna=300w"

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, the website says "300 Watts from Amp to antenna.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to T-bone For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (01-26-2017)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. The website says "300 Watts" from amp to antenna??? Go figure?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just some food for thought T-bone. Why not look into an 8 pill and spend more on your antenna setup. You'll be happy you did. For a truly good 5/8 wave antenna the Shockwave antenna made in America, or the I10K both are good antennas. That or a good beam or quad antenna. Just some food for thought. At the levels an 8 pill will put out you will gain maybe 1/2 an s-unit to a receiving station, maybe a little more but you spend much more money. Your antenna will make or break your entire system!! Just some food for thought. Have a good day.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And they are taking about 300 watts dead key from the amp. Think you know that, but just making sure. Which would make 1200 watts a good 1 to 4 power ratio 300 to 1200 watts. Maybe a little more. But I'd say not much. JMHO's. Again, have a good day.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by T-bone View Post
    Thank you, the website says "300 Watts from Amp to antenna.
    Well...Yes... that's the way it works...watts leave the radio into the Amp...Watts leave Amp and head towards the antenna via coax cable. Once the watts get to the antenna, the antenna set's them free!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (01-26-2017)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    T-bone any updates to share. Radio, amp(s), antenna, tower height. Just curious. Don't remember if you posted how high your tower was or what antenna you will be using. Again, just curious as to what you may have already in place or know how high you plan on being. And response would be cool. I do understand if you don't want to say anything either.
    Anyways. Hope all is well and have a great weekend man!!
    73 and God Bless
    Sean

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the process of building a radio shack as I have been out of it for a few years. First I need to find the right radio that is capable of driving a product in the most efficient way. The radio has to be close to the exact dead key and the most power out PEP which isn't much. Once I do that I am looking for a 50 foot plus tower. A Jogunn antenna as I have owned 4 in the past and only had one problem. The 8+8 star does not have ears. I had 2 pre-amp going but the we!aaaareceive part was very bad. I narrowed it down to 1 Jogunn so far. Okay, Radio, Product that connects between the radio and antenna. A pre-amp, Tower, Antenna, lnline Meters, Rotor, All directional antenn, Coax...not the cheap stuff, rotor wire, and probably something I am forgetting. I'm anxious..happy anxious about this but Stuck on the right radio that will dead key 2 or 3 and swing 20 or a hair more. I need suggestions, AM/FM/SSB and CW. No noise toys, I wouldn't mind having a full band transceiver however to get it to dead key 2 and swing to 20 is impossible I understand it sounds different on AM from lack of modulation but with DSP and Compression I believe it sounds good. Anyway still looking. Thanks for asking...Mike.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None