preps

Thread: New Guy!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Guy!

Hello gang.. I just joined the site and look forward to learning about the hobby of CBing. I have recently retired and have decided that I want to occupy some free time with building a home base station. Nothing fancy but I certainly want to learn how to optimize the potential of my setup and to be safe. I know little of nothing about CBs and will likely remain silent until I can speak intelligently about what I am trying to do. Thanks in advance ... Tony

Today as we speak I have purchased a Johnson Messenger 250 ( with mic) and no antenna. Gonna take baby steps..

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Tony....wavin at ya from Nebraska! I am new at this site as well.... maybe we will make a contact once when conditions permit.after i move i will eventually have a base station as well ,although I do make contacts with my mobile....i have been into cb hobby for quite awhile and I don't know everything but will try to help you out as well.....there seem to be plenty of tech Davy guys here.
    ...i will be listening forya.....
    427 in omaha nebraska...." backwoodsman" standing by

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the show FIG...Hope you have some deep-pockets...Getting into the CB hobby can get pricey...

Most who have been in the hobby for any length of time will tell ya, "CB" does not stand for "Citizen Band" like some want you to believe...But rather "Constantly Buying"...

Get that base up and running, and give me a shout on channel 28 sometime...( of course you may need to borrow a different radio to shout at me, since I think that Johnson only has 23 channels)

"Jesse James in Dallas---854 in the Star, step-n on through..."
    Last edited by JesseJamesDallas; 07-11-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None