preps

Thread: The venerable 102" stainless whip

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

The venerable 102" stainless whip

I have a question.......i have been into cb radios for quite a long time.......i still have a question needs a good answere.....on the 102" antana do i need that spring or not? I don't understand a lot of tech tuff but my swr is lowest with a spring. I have read and been told this should not be the case and the spring will cause problems such as interference and even burn up my radios! Just wondering......because on my F-250 I am getting a 1:1 thru a 1:4 across 1 thru 40......and when on sidebands....the 102" whip works best for me....thankyou for any input.............

427 standing by...............

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I forgot to mention.....the present spring is not the usual 6" barrel spring....it is a 3" spring labeled as heavy duty......it is what I have for now and it works fine.....i also have heard and read that transmit while in motion like on the highway with a 102" is a no-go....but I have been doing this for years........just looking for any input.....

427...standing by....... <<

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The 102" whip is suppose to be a 1\4 wave antenna... but a 1\4 wave is 108"... by adding the spring you get closer to the 108" total height. (1\4 wave).

Whoever told you it causes interference or can burn up your radio using a spring is full of shit...

By the way, MFJ has a 108" whip you can get, and not need a spring.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (07-12-2017)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you.......i was pretty sure that was the case just over the years many have attacked me with info that seemed to be completely off......i never have burned up a radio yet (run'em bare bones stock) and just found out after I posted that the radio shop that told me that after they messed up one of my radios no longer exists......thankyou for the input........i will also check out those 108" whips.....

Visitors found this page by searching for

None