preps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: siltronix 1011d mod info

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

siltronix 1011d mod info

im trying to bring this old slippery old goat back to life. was going to do the mod to open the transmitter up on both bands, it looks way to easy. it said to locate the two green wires at the back of the band switch, then jumper across the terminals they are soldered to. sounds simple enough right? when I get my jumper ready to solder to the first to the first green wire terminal and I notice those green wires have both been cut and aren't hooked up to anything but that switch. any ideas where those green wires go to when they leave the band switch. ive heard this mod done other ways but not cutting the green wires completely out

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh come on guys! I know all the stigma related to the swan/siltronix 1011D. is it so bad that nobody wants to admit they own one? please guys. if you know someone that has one or if one is hiding in your closet I just need someone to take off the cover and tell me where those two green wires go to after they leave the switch. I would be grateful for anyones help if they know where they can get a look at one. okay ill go back to the seventies and wait for someones reply..i'll be over there blasting the KISS records

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was looking for some info for my 1011D when I came across your post. I'm a new member, and a newbie to this forum thing, and I hope my reply makes it to you. The two green wires coming off the band switch are routed under the chassis through a hole below the switch. Looking at the rear wafer of the switch (the rear panel of the radio facing you), the top half of the wafer has six terminals. Starting from the left, we'll call the terminals 1 thru 6. The number 5 terminal green wire goes to relay K-1 under the chassis, to the solenoid coil terminal toward the front panel of the radio. (On the other K-1 solenoid coil terminal should be a white with red and blue stripes wire.)

The other green wire from the band switch, connected to pin 1 of the rear switch wafer, is also routed thru the hole, under the chassis. That wire goes to a five-lug terminal strip located close to relay K-1, between K-1 and the rear apron of the chassis (positioned perpendicular to the rear apron). Counting the lugs, starting closest to the apron, 1, 2, 3, 4(Ground), 5. That other green wire connects to lug 5 of that terminal strip. On lug 5 there should also be two yellow wires there already.

I hope you haven't given up hope on that rig, I know your post is over two years old.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just started going through one on a recap. My suggestions for anyone. Get it working first then mod.

nosaj

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good advice, nosaj. On a number of radios I've had to undo the mod to get them to run right. 73.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In case anyone is interested Hayseed Hamfest put together a cap kit for me for the siltronix 1101d. About $60 but that includes the cap can. Their products are great.
    nosaj
    N1EBC

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They do custom work???

Quote Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
    In case anyone is interested Hayseed Hamfest put together a cap kit for me for the siltronix 1101d. About $60 but that includes the cap can. Their products are great.
    nosaj
    N1EBC

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe so they can make whatever you want, affording it is the question
    nosaj N1EBC

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nosaj For This Useful Post:

Bobcat (10-24-2019)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree that Hayseed Hamfest capacitors and re-cap kits are of high quality. I've used their products on a number of vintage tube radio refurbs with satisfactory results. Particularly for the chassis-mounted aluminum can, multi-section types that are no longer available through typical distributors, especially where physical size and form factor are a concern. I find that their prices are reasonable considering the the caps have 105 degree C rating which translates to extended cap-value/working-voltage derating curves.
    73, DK039

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DK039 For This Useful Post:

Bobcat (10-24-2019)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  6JH8 replacement.JPG
Views: 564
Size:  1.44 MBHas anyone seen this mod replacing the balance modulator?

Visitors found this page by searching for

siltronix 1011d mods