preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swr question

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also have lots of copper wire....silicone....and 1/2 " p v c pipe and pipe connectors....might build a big ugly antana......

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that's why I like the 102"whip. I see it this way, its a solid piece of metal, tuned to the appropriate wavelength, what you see is what you got. no hidden caps coils or other components used to match the load. its kinda like the antenna tuners you see, that resister was probably added to make up for the missing 18" of metal on the 7ft whip. the problem is that it will lower the swr on a meter but its really not lowering the swrs just the needle of the meter, which you can do with resisters all the way down to a dummy load which will give you a perfect match on the meter even though you no that aint getting out. so be careful with your perfect 7 footer someone has added something to make it appear perfect(resister)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    why do my responses disappear and how come I cant send a second reply without logging in again that's not gonna work for me

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    guess this forum doesn't like me to give you advice

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    102" whip is the best all steel cut to wavelength. no hidden caps resistors or coils to make the antenna match its load. what you see is what you get. your 7 footer has a resister added to make the radio appear to be a perfect match. its just like a junkie antenna tuner. it doesn't tune the antenna, it just lowers your swr reading to make you happy its still performing like a mismatch antenna I promise you remember you can pile up resistors till the point you've made a dummy load. they match great on the meter but they don't get out

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    Try clearing your web browser cache

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    folks get so caught up with the length of the radiator they forget that it is only half of the antenna , the other half is the ground element .... which may be wires or tubes or the metal in the body/frame of a vehicle . adjusting the length , size shape/angle or centering of that/those ground element(s) will adjust the tuning/vswr of the antenna for a given frequency and that amount will vary from install to install . ground element angle/shape and curvature (on vehicles) can also greatly effect the performance and design of the antenna ......

BTW ..... 102's typically had or have a spring or spacer under them to give a few extra inches to get closer to being resonate on the CB band . sometimes folks get lucky and find it is plug and play , and sometimes there's work involved ......
    Last edited by BOOTY MONSTER; 08-11-2017 at 08:42 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (08-11-2017)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None