preps

Thread: General Lee ain't happy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

General Lee ain't happy

I have a tuned General Lee that I recently put in my 2016 Silverado using a Wilson little wil magnet mount top rear center of cab.
    My swr is down around 1.5 on ch 1 and 40
    My issue is that my ant light still goes red and I have popped 3 inline 5 amp fuses with key ups over about 15 to seconds.
    I was thinking ground but everything I read was with magnet mount it has good ground.
    Any thoughts ?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a couple of problems...and one has nothing to do with the other.

Antenna warning light shouldn't blow your fuse because it has more to do with your antenna, or the coax and connectors...1.5 SWR is not bad, and should not set off the warning light.

Blowing the fuse sounds more like a short somewhere with your power cords...positive cord might have a bad place in it and is touching metal somewhere...

If it's a older radio, may take the cover off and see if there is any loose wires inside, or something burnt-looking...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

DuckRubber (10-08-2017)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJamesDallas View Post
    Sounds like a couple of problems...and one has nothing to do with the other.

Antenna warning light shouldn't blow your fuse because it has more to do with your antenna, or the coax and connectors...1.5 SWR is not bad, and should not set off the warning light.

Blowing the fuse sounds more like a short somewhere with your power cords...positive cord might have a bad place in it and is touching metal somewhere...

If it's a older radio, may take the cover off and see if there is any loose wires inside, or something burnt-looking...
    Solved the fuse issue being tuned I was told it just needed a 10 amp fuse the ones i was using was to low.
    As for the red light I need to do some digging into I do not recall if infact if that is a problem indicator or if that is normal for the rx tx light

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OH, it's a rx/tx light? That is normal...Been a while since I had a Gen.Lee, I didn't think it had a antenna warning light, but wasn't sure.

rx/tx lights usually change colors so you know it's transmitting... You should be good to go.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is what I hoping. I have been using my old 29 ltd that does have a any light and haven't used the General in about 4 years. So couldn't recall thanks for the input

Visitors found this page by searching for

None