preps

Thread: Bounce back setup

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bounce back setup

Ok I have a astro van was wanting to know the proper spacing between the antennas and does the rear antenna need to be isolated or does the antenna actually need to be grounded I have two 9 inch bad to the Bone Predator antenna

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    6-7' apart, and the back antenna "HAS TO BE" grounded!...When I ran a bounce-back on my Suburban, I used two Predator 10K single coils, and had the reflector antenna on the back mounted 6" from the back of the truck...Front antenna was 6' from it...Some people like to go 7'...just depends on which gives you the most forward gain.

If you have a magnet mount you can use on the front temporarily, it maybe worth using to see which gives you the best results...(you would need a signal strength meter to see which distance gives you the best forward gain)

Another thing...after everything's tuned, usually the back antenna ends up about 6" taller than the front...Easiest way to tune, is first tune the front antenna (without the back antenna on), Once it's tuned, move it to the back...Then put your second antenna on the front and tune it, with the back antenna on...Once you get close to having the front tuned, you can do some fine tuning by adjusting the back antenna...

Takes some time to dial everything in, so don't give-up or think it's just not going to tune low.
    Last edited by JesseJamesDallas; 10-23-2017 at 04:07 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

ShadeTreeMechanic (01-29-2018)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.cbjunkies.com/threads/20-...ce-back-system

I've ran dual hot and a BB setup on a Suburban. Each have their own advantages and disadvantages. Good luck and keep your patience tuning.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TenSleep440 For This Useful Post:

ShadeTreeMechanic (01-29-2018)

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads1937-Bounce-back-setup