preps

Thread: Everything I learned over the last 25 years is ....debunked?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoodsman View Post
    I have two horizontal wire dipoles and one sloped dipole out in my back yard for my base and i am not only shooting skip bit I am talkin with locals from 1 to 20 miles away!.....on horizontal antennas mostly. I have been led to understand that on AM or SSB....that a horizontal will not talk to a guy with a vertical antenna localy....but it is happening. Any input?.........
    427 outa Omaha Nebraska....wabin a hand and standing by.......

You may be radiating from the coax feedline whith is acting as a vertical antenna. This is normally due tothe unballanced currents.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by billengineer View Post
    You may be radiating from the coax feedline whith is acting as a vertical antenna. This is normally due tothe unballanced currents.
    if you're radiating enough signal from your coax for it to act as a vertical antenna you've got some really shitty coax and it needs to be replaced before you damage your transmitter/amp . the shield on coax is designed to keep the signal inside till it reaches the radiator . common mode currents can travel to the shield side of coax and radiate and typically cause problems with other nearby electronics but they don't travel far enough with enough energy to outperform a horizontal dipole or beam .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

222DBFL (01-09-2020)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None