hey how's it going everyone. i just signed up here after finding the site from doing a Google search for CB Radio Forums. i am also a member of a maul dropping site (no name dropping lol) as well and figured that i would broaden my horizons and join another CB forum. i just got back into this hobby last year after finding out that i would be spending quite a bit of time at home, out of work. i was in the CB hobby from the mid 1980's until around 1993 when i got out of the hobby when my daughter was born. i got really busy with everything in life and all of my hobbies got put on the back burner.

anyways, after finding out about my home stay, i decided that i needed to get a hobby that wouldn't constantly costing me money and i remembered how much i loved to talk on the air, and hit the skip out in the day time and talkt to people all over the country and beyond. i think that it is pretty damn cool that with a box (radio) and a piece of metal (antenna) a little extra power (amplifier), you can talk to so many different people from so many different places. the CB radio is a stand alone item that can not be taken away by anyone. you can lose your cell phone service if you can't afford to pay your bill (sure, i understand the differences and abilities, but the CB will always be there for you).

it does seem like this hobby is making a small come back with a decent amount of people. i drive around now a days and see more often than before, a CB antenna on other vehicles whether it be one of those coily's, monkey's, Wilson's, or a regular fiberglass firestick or a cobra whip or just some generic made. i see them a lot more often now then say five or so years ago. people are probably realizing how cool CB's actually are. cell phones are great but there is a lot to having one that isn't worth the headach some days. don't get me wrong, i have a cell phone and have had one since mid 1994 so it's not like i am against them. i just think that the CB radio (and other amateur radio) is pretty damn cool and it'll always be there for you as long as you don't break it.

anyways, i look forward to making some new friends on here. right now my radio(148gtl) and my amp are in the shop. the owner of another radio site that i belong to is doing some work on both of them to maximize their performance together. he does some of the best work i have been told about so i can't wait to get it all back!! also, i just purchased an Antron 99 Omni Directional antena today and it should be here within a week. within that time i have to pick up any incidentals that i'll need to mount it up in a tree right in the middle of my yard, about 30ft off the ground (antenna comes with all it's mounting hardware, i'll just need anything else like a push pipe and anything else could let me know that i'll need). plus i have to pick up about 100ft of coax so once i get that all put together i will hook it up on my secondary Cobra 148GTL(Phillipine made) along with a Magnum 2000 amp that i purchased back in the summer of 2011 which is also getting cleaned and tightened up in the shop. so i'll have my base and mobile set-ups roaring out on the air-waves with all of about 150to250 watts. i just also need to get an SWR meter so if anyone has a good one with at least a 500watt input let me know because in the next week or two i may be in the position to also purchase that as well. Thanks, and talk to ya's soon- Mistah Gravy-626 New HampshaH!!!!