preps

Thread: HOWDY From New Hampshire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

HOWDY From New Hampshire

hey how's it going everyone. i just signed up here after finding the site from doing a Google search for CB Radio Forums. i am also a member of a maul dropping site (no name dropping lol) as well and figured that i would broaden my horizons and join another CB forum. i just got back into this hobby last year after finding out that i would be spending quite a bit of time at home, out of work. i was in the CB hobby from the mid 1980's until around 1993 when i got out of the hobby when my daughter was born. i got really busy with everything in life and all of my hobbies got put on the back burner.

anyways, after finding out about my home stay, i decided that i needed to get a hobby that wouldn't constantly costing me money and i remembered how much i loved to talk on the air, and hit the skip out in the day time and talkt to people all over the country and beyond. i think that it is pretty damn cool that with a box (radio) and a piece of metal (antenna) a little extra power (amplifier), you can talk to so many different people from so many different places. the CB radio is a stand alone item that can not be taken away by anyone. you can lose your cell phone service if you can't afford to pay your bill (sure, i understand the differences and abilities, but the CB will always be there for you).

it does seem like this hobby is making a small come back with a decent amount of people. i drive around now a days and see more often than before, a CB antenna on other vehicles whether it be one of those coily's, monkey's, Wilson's, or a regular fiberglass firestick or a cobra whip or just some generic made. i see them a lot more often now then say five or so years ago. people are probably realizing how cool CB's actually are. cell phones are great but there is a lot to having one that isn't worth the headach some days. don't get me wrong, i have a cell phone and have had one since mid 1994 so it's not like i am against them. i just think that the CB radio (and other amateur radio) is pretty damn cool and it'll always be there for you as long as you don't break it.

anyways, i look forward to making some new friends on here. right now my radio(148gtl) and my amp are in the shop. the owner of another radio site that i belong to is doing some work on both of them to maximize their performance together. he does some of the best work i have been told about so i can't wait to get it all back!! also, i just purchased an Antron 99 Omni Directional antena today and it should be here within a week. within that time i have to pick up any incidentals that i'll need to mount it up in a tree right in the middle of my yard, about 30ft off the ground (antenna comes with all it's mounting hardware, i'll just need anything else like a push pipe and anything else could let me know that i'll need). plus i have to pick up about 100ft of coax so once i get that all put together i will hook it up on my secondary Cobra 148GTL(Phillipine made) along with a Magnum 2000 amp that i purchased back in the summer of 2011 which is also getting cleaned and tightened up in the shop. so i'll have my base and mobile set-ups roaring out on the air-waves with all of about 150to250 watts. i just also need to get an SWR meter so if anyone has a good one with at least a 500watt input let me know because in the next week or two i may be in the position to also purchase that as well. Thanks, and talk to ya's soon- Mistah Gravy-626 New HampshaH!!!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    Welcome to our board mistah gravy happy to have you

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome on in Mistah Gravy . i be close to you over the weekend , im going to killington VT skiing over the weekend . maybe i here ya over there . have a great time here .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hear.?.. that High Voltage "duck" station?... i dont know.... LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lol, funny , lol

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Welcome

Hey Mistah Gravy....I'm a return from retirement C.B.er too !!! Also, remember that C.B. is also the acronym for Constantly Buyind....(L.O.L.)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I mean Constantly Buying.....Typo !!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for the welcomes to the site guys. sorry i've been absent, i signed up and explored and as usual i got busy with other stuff. i do belong to another cb website but i wanted to get out and meet more people. good people over at the other site and i am sure there are plenty of good folks over here and i intend on making some friends here and once i get my newly purchased Antron 99 up in a tree (have to hire someone cause i can no longer climb) and hooked up to one of my 148gtl and small no name amp, i hope to get somewhere out in the DX and maybe catch some of you guys. i'll keep you updated to let ya's know when my base is up and running.

i sent one of my Philly-148gtl's along with two amps(Power Plus 250&Magnum 2000) to the owner of a maul site that i belong to. he is going to tune up and tighetn up my 148gtl and then take one of the amps and pretty match it with my 148gtl to run optimumly. so when i get it all back i'll set up the base and hopefully before then i'll have the Anrton99 up high in the tree (got some tall trees in my yard and a 12ft push pole,thinking about getting another 12ft to raise it all up even higher). talk to ya's soon guys-Mistah Gravy 626-New Hampshire

Visitors found this page by searching for