preps
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rf interference issue

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222DBFL View Post
    I would replace the coax connector itself. Get a good amphenol one off eBay. Not expensive. Just make sure you get one that is made for your coax and has the correct back piece that screws into the front part of the connector. They range in size a bit. Good luck and hope you get it resolved.
    I bought rg8x coax is that even a good one to use?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, RG8X is just fine for runs under 100ft. Also don’t push a lot of power through it. You can get amphenol connectors off eBay for that coax with the proper screw in back part. If you order them you’ll see what I am speaking of when I am taking about the connectors and fitment of them. It definitely won’t hurt to check the connectors and make sure they are soldered in correctly and are tight.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 222DBFL For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (02-11-2018)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have spent an inordinate amount of time and money with some clients/customers trying to locate these kinds of interference. My fist step is to always suspect the coax, most commonly the outside terminations. Intermittent grounds and corroded connections the first and most common fault I've found. Now I usually ask "How long has this installation been in place" as the age will guide me to re-terminating all connectors, wrapping them with electricians tape and silicone sealer for the outside connections. Inside connections are the most prone to having the ground become intermittent, don't know why but they get the most attention from me.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mjd420nova View Post
    I have spent an inordinate amount of time and money with some clients/customers trying to locate these kinds of interference. My fist step is to always suspect the coax, most commonly the outside terminations. Intermittent grounds and corroded connections the first and most common fault I've found. Now I usually ask "How long has this installation been in place" as the age will guide me to re-terminating all connectors, wrapping them with electricians tape and silicone sealer for the outside connections. Inside connections are the most prone to having the ground become intermittent, don't know why but they get the most attention from me.
    Hello, thanks for the input. I tried looking up my old radio and seemed to work fine with wiggling the coax at the rear of the radio. Although, on my Galaxy, if I wiggle the s meter goes crazy. I tried resoldering the female connection within the radio. Do you think I need a new female connector in the radio?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik 747 View Post
    Hello, thanks for the input. I tried looking up my old radio and seemed to work fine with wiggling the coax at the rear of the radio. Although, on my Galaxy, if I wiggle the s meter goes crazy. I tried resoldering the female connection within the radio. Do you think I need a new female connector in the radio?

Also the s meter doesn't work on side band. Does that have anything to do with this issue? Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When you say doesn’t work? Does it not do anything when you key the mic? If so this is normal. Side band doesn’t throw a carrier like AM mode does. Only when you modulate (talk into mic), is when you you’ll see the S-meter move. If it’s on the receive side that the S-meter doesn’t work, then you may have an issue. Also, on SSB, you don’t want to try to measure VSWR. Perform this on AM mode. You want the radio to key up 3-5 Watts on AM mode to test VSWR. And don’t forget to turn the mic gain down and calibrate the meter if needed. Hope some of the stupid text wall help man. Have a good one and like said, Check those connectors!!! Good day.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When you say doesn’t work? Does it not do anything when you key the mic? If so this is normal. Side band doesn’t throw a carrier like AM mode does. Only when you modulate (talk into mic), is when you you’ll see the S-meter move. If it’s on the receive side that the S-meter doesn’t work, then you may have an issue. Also, on SSB, you don’t want to try to measure VSWR. Perform this on AM mode. You want the radio to key up 3-5 Watts on AM mode to test VSWR. And don’t forget to turn the mic gain down and calibrate the meter if needed. Hope some of the stupid text wall help man. Have a good one and like said, Check those connectors!!! Good day.
    Good morning,
    It seems to be on the receive end unfortunately. The meter seems to work otherwise am, fm etc... just not SSB.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a weird one. What radio is it doing this on?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a weird one. What radio is it doing this on?
    Galaxy dx99v2

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is weird. So it does work on all other modes. If you google galaxy dx99v2 S meter issues, you should get a hit for cbtricks.com that has a good base of info and trouble shooting guide. Sorry I can’t be of more help. Hope you get it resolved

Visitors found this page by searching for

None