preps
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rf interference issue

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222DBFL View Post
    That is weird. So it does work on all other modes. If you google galaxy dx99v2 S meter issues, you should get a hit for cbtricks.com that has a good base of info and trouble shooting guide. Sorry I can’t be of more help. Hope you get it resolved
    It is a weird issue. In all other modes it works. This is where the needle sits at all times with the RF noise. Could that be somewhat normal for most people?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep that is normal if you are sure you have a good connection. I have had days that I could not talk across town the noise level was so bad. Many things can and will affect RF noise. Placing a horizontal beam antenna up helps with this, but you lose some of your local distance. Anyhow, as long as you can talk and hear people on SSB then I wouldn’t stress too much about the RF meter. There hasn’t been much traffic on SSB lately as far as I know. DX wise that is. It’s very sporadic. Again, hopefully you can come across someone else that has had this issue. Also you may not have enough noise on SSB to make the S meter move. I know I have not lately. Here is mine on SSB versus AM. Note the same frequency is used and there is hardly any noise on SSB, but the same frequency on AM has a bit of noise. This may be all that you are dealing with. Maybe not. I try LOL.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep that is normal if you are sure you have a good connection. I have had days that I could not talk across town the noise level was so bad. Many things can and will affect RF noise. Placing a horizontal beam antenna up helps with this, but you lose some of your local distance. Anyhow, as long as you can talk and hear people on SSB then I wouldn’t stress too much about the RF meter. There hasn’t been much traffic on SSB lately as far as I know. DX wise that is. It’s very sporadic. Again, hopefully you can come across someone else that has had this issue. Also you may not have enough noise on SSB to make the S meter move. I know I have not lately. Here is mine on SSB versus AM. Note the same frequency is used and there is hardly any noise on SSB, but the same frequency on AM has a bit of noise. This may be all that you are dealing with. Maybe not. I try LOL.
    Well, that makes me feel a whole lot better! I think if I don't play around with the coax connection at all, it will make a difference. Just trying to build the perfect radio. Lol!!
    You have a great rig, by the way. Thanks again for your input! Talk to you soon

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries. I was really into SSB DX, but as of late it’s been about non existent.
    Anyhow. Hope you get everything working how you want it! 73 and God Bless.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries. I was really into SSB DX, but as of late it’s been about non existent.
    Anyhow. Hope you get everything working how you want it! 73 and God Bless.
    Hello again, just a quick one for ya. The interference gets bad at certain times like right now(8pm and on). Wanted to see if you had any feedback. Thanks

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik 747 View Post
    Hello again, just a quick one for ya. The interference gets bad at certain times like right now(8pm and on). Wanted to see if you had any feedback. Thanks

Here it is Argh!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It could well be something in your house that gets turn s on at night. Or it could be someone else’s electronics that are causing your issue. You have close neighbors? And if so, if your antenna mounted near their house? Also, if the noise is about every night, I would walk around and see what could be causing it like a street light that comes on at a certain time, or even someone’s security lights that work at night. There is about an endless list of things that could be causing it. I would first check anything in your home first. Something you would turn on at night like a porch light. Things like this will cause you a major headache if it’s not on your property!! Trust me I had issues like this for a long time!! Finally figured out where it was coming from, but not the actual source of the issue. Sucks!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also make sure sure you have a solid ground system. Read up on proper grounding of a radio base station. It should give you a good idea as to what is needed for a solid ground system. Also if possible I would change out the connector or connectors that are or were giving you trouble. May not seem like a big deal, but you’d be surprised how it can affect your signal and also how well your radio operates. Lastly installing a dipole or some type of beam or moxon antenna for less ground noise. Takes away from a little of your local talk, but should have less noise than a vertical antenna. It takes time to set everything up the right way. When you do you’ll see the different little things make in the end. Hope this helps and keep at it!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also make sure sure you have a solid ground system. Read up on proper grounding of a radio base station. It should give you a good idea as to what is needed for a solid ground system. Also if possible I would change out the connector or connectors that are or were giving you trouble. May not seem like a big deal, but you’d be surprised how it can affect your signal and also how well your radio operates. Lastly installing a dipole or some type of beam or moxon antenna for less ground noise. Takes away from a little of your local talk, but should have less noise than a vertical antenna. It takes time to set everything up the right way. When you do you’ll see the different little things make in the end. Hope this helps and keep at it!!
    Thanks for your help! I think that I have it under control for the most part. Still have some learning to do as well. LoL!
    73 Erik 747

Visitors found this page by searching for

None