preps
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rf interference issue

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rf interference issue

Hello All,
    Just wondering if anyone has any ideas in knocking out the 7 dbs of interference through my base station. Thanks in advance!
    Erik 747

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It all depends what and where it’s coming from. Either get a mobile cb to chase the RF interference around or a wallow talkie and walk around with it until you can find source of issue. You may have to call local power company or even cable company but don’t look for any help there LOL!! Know before you call is what I mean I guess. Also you can start in your own house if you think it could be something in it that is causing the issue/s. The only other thing I could recommend is to read. Look at this site as well as many others.
    http://audiosystemsgroup.com/Ferrites-Ham.pdf
    Also a noise bridge may work. MFJ makes one, as well as other companies. Prices start at $80 for the small ones. Here is a pic of one

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Should have called it antenna phasing and noise cancelling device.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 222DBFL View Post
    Should have called it antenna phasing and noise cancelling device.
    Thanks again! I'll look into this.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries. Not guaranteed to totally work, but read about what one does. Good stuff to learn about anyhow. Have a great one.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries. Not guaranteed to totally work, but read about what one does. Good stuff to learn about anyhow. Have a great one.
    That is very good info. Thanks again! I discovered that when I touch or move the coax where it plugs into the radio, the needle is all over the place. Now I'm wondering if it's the radio or coax? I have my back up radio plugged in...when I touch the coax the needle stays steady. Steady being at between 1 and 2 dbs, which I can live with. If you have any thoughts please share.
    Thanx

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Check your coax for sure. If you can remake the end, do it. It may be your issue. Or you have a radio with something loose. I would venture to say it’s the coax connector. Just my thoughts though. Have a good one and hope you get the issue resolved.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any luck finding your issue with the noise. Also I was going to suggest that you look into a good ground system and also a good surge arrestor before your coax enters the radio shack or whatever room you are using. Read up on how commercial cell tower me are built and you’ll get a good idea of what is really needed to make a solid base station setup. Just some food for thought. I been retired for a couple years and now I certify aircraft instrumentation. Cool stuff. But I miss my old job as a cell site tech and installer. At any rate, keep is updated on how and if you got your noise issue resolved. Good day

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any luck finding your issue with the noise. Also I was going to suggest that you look into a good ground system and also a good surge arrestor before your coax enters the radio shack or whatever room you are using. Read up on how commercial cell tower me are built and you’ll get a good idea of what is really needed to make a solid base station setup. Just some food for thought. I been retired for a couple years and now I certify aircraft instrumentation. Cool stuff. But I miss my old job as a cell site tech and installer. At any rate, keep is updated on how and if you got your noise issue resolved. Good day
    Hello, I found out that whenever I touch or wiggle the coax at the rear of the radio, the s meter climbs dramatically. I tried to resolder the coax connector within the radio. Seems like it helped....but it's not 100%.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would replace the coax connector itself. Get a good amphenol one off eBay. Not expensive. Just make sure you get one that is made for your coax and has the correct back piece that screws into the front part of the connector. They range in size a bit. Good luck and hope you get it resolved.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None