preps

Thread: ideas ideas ideas

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

ideas ideas ideas

Well ive been trying to dream up some ideas for new antennas. I'm going to try my crafting skills on making a mobile antenna. My "prototype" for my antenna I'm going to call "the junk stick" (terrible name but I find humor from it) its gonna be a real homemade antenna. I'm going to find junk (literal junk and scrap) that's just sitting around and make an antenna out of it how ever I can. Yes I do realize this is ridiculousness at its best in the mobile antenna world but who knows it might just work
    Caveman 195 waving a hand in Southern Indiana

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to the caveman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    go for it
    and post pics for us _

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

the caveman (05-31-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    10-4 BM will do! I've got a big old aluminum TV antenna laying behind the garage, copper fittings laying around, copper wire laying everywhere, and screws of all kinds as far as the eye can see. Many possibilities! Who knows what else I'll find

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to the caveman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do have machining training and there is a machine shop near my town so if needed I can make a part I need. Thanks for the encouragement guys. I am still planning this out. I'm thinking of what kind of mobile design I could make and what parts out of what metal. Of course pure copper will be my main conductor.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to the caveman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for the flowers papillon , but HomerBB has built many many many more antennas than me and about a dozen (or more) mobile antennas . he would be able to offer much more insight into building them and he has many results to share and is always more than willing to discuss antennas . he is also very rational in his evaluations of their performance and is a great person in general IMO .

i'll certainly help/offer my thoughts and provide LINKS to info more detailed than i care to type about if i can though .
    Last edited by BOOTY MONSTER; 06-01-2013 at 03:18 PM.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

the caveman (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want to follow the process also. I have read articles the last few weeks that talks of using only 9.5' of coax to run antennas. Also the A-99 was thought inferior product after disassemble and checking contents. I am still tring to find more data on this subject.The rule has been 18' and now I see only 9.5' .
    Last edited by redwagon; 02-14-2014 at 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling/grammer changes

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to redwagon For This Useful Post:

Visitors found this page by searching for

bounce back antenna system

55 antenna magic

55 cb antenna

55 magic antenna

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads20-55-antenna-magic-setup-a-two-antenna-bounce-back-system

cb antenna bounce back

55 antennas

55 antenna setupmajic antenna55 two antenna setupcompetition antenna system setupsvideo of 2 antenna system in the mobile cbhow to set up a CB bounce back systemgrounding a back antenna on a bounce back antenna systembounce back setup antenna cbcb antenna 55competition cb antennasa two antenna bounce back systemdistance between two antennas for a bounce back systembounce back antenna system setupgrounding rear reflector antenna55 antenna cb55 antennas systembounce baqck antenna system set upsetting swr on bounce back system