preps

Thread: Connex 3300hp with monkeymade antenna

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Connex 3300hp with monkeymade antenna

Put Connex 330hp with monkeymade antenna on a 2013 cascading. Bought mirror screw bracket for door mounting. Radio randomly keys up and sticks. Checked swr’s and was high. Couldn’t get them down on door. Moved to top of headache rack with antenna 6 inches above cab. Swr’s are below 1.5 but still same problem. Does it parked, moving, and if someone is near and transmits. To un stick I key the mic or turn radio off and back on. Few times when turning back on it keys and sticks in a few seconds. I did run ground from bracket bolt to frame of truck. Also there’s a factory installed inverter that runs power to a fridge constant. Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgot to introduce myself before the post earlier. I’m Hollywood and a new member. Thanks again for any help or suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn’t run that radio with the VSWR being above 1:3:1. It will get hot fast and also risks blowing the radio up. With your setup the way it is a no ground plane type antenna might be a better choice. Something like a 5ft fire stick or similar. Unless you can get the coil of the antenna up near the top of the vehicle and also have a decent ground plane as well. If the truck is fiberglass then a no ground plane type antenna might be best in your case. Good luck and keep at it. Z

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the radio keying by itself is not swr related , get the radio checked out .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

JesseJamesDallas (03-20-2018)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't see how a radio can key itself...Maybe something in the Mic loose and hitting the keying circuit...may just try a different Mic first...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (03-26-2018)

Visitors found this page by searching for

None