preps

Thread: Recommend mobile amp for me?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Recommend mobile amp for me?

Hey guys, looking for amp recommendations. I’m looking for for something that will do around 350 watts. I’m fine with a little more watts depending on price, but no more than 500-600 max. Going to be pushing it with a 50 watt PEP radio. I’ve been looking at the Texas Star 350HD, or a 2 pill class C. I’ve been out of the game for a while and not as familiar with some of the brands these days. What makes and models would you guys recommend? Many thanks in advance

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    get a 4 pill magna force and keep it under 500 watts . i wouldn't put into 50 into a TS 500 let alone a 350 , but i'm sure some have and felt it was the best thing ever ....... . be sure your alternator or home PS can feed it the amps easily .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOTY MONSTER View Post
    get a 4 pill magna force and keep it under 500 watts . i wouldn't put into 50 into a TS 500 let alone a 350 , but i'm sure some have and felt it was the best thing ever ....... . be sure your alternator or home PS can feed it the amps easily .
    Thanks for the reply. Is Magna Force still made? They’re not listed on X-force website website anymore. I did look at the Midnight Special line. Also, the Magna Force isn’t class C is it?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by icemanrrc View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Is Magna Force still made? They’re not listed on X-force website website anymore. I did look at the Midnight Special line. Also, the Magna Force isn’t class C is it?
    No, XForce quit making the Magna Force several years ago and started building the TNT (ab) but the TNT's are no longer listed on the site so could be they also quit making it too and just have XForce and Midnight Specials...

What radio are you using? Any 4-pill Amp should work with a dual final radio that swings 40-50w's.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    President Ronald

6. The Following User Says Thank You to icemanrrc For This Useful Post:

JesseJamesDallas (04-07-2018)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You could run a TS 500V or any other 4-pill no problem...Only thing you might want to do is set the radios DK to 1 1/2 to 2w's and let it swing from there...

There's a guy on fb that builds good Amps if you have a facebook account...look up "Hopper Built Amps"...I have one of his 1x2 box's and they are very well built. And his prices are in-line with everyone else's...

I bought mine a few weeks ago, and had it within just 3 days! He already had a 1x2 built, and was just waiting for someone to buy it tho, so depending if he has one already built or not would depend on how quick you get it.

Davemades are also a good choice, but Davemade Mobi has gotten a little proud of his stuff here lately and prices are a little on the high-side....example: I payed $320 "shipped" for my 1x2 with the HG transistors in it (1 HG2290 x 2 HG2879), Davemade Mobi want's $375+ s&h for a Davemade amp with the same pills.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks JJD! The Ronald has three power modes 1.5 on low, not sure how much on medium and 13 watts on high. Thinking about just running it on low with the amp on and high when running it barefoot. It’s going in my JK Jeep Wrangler. Space is hard to come by which is why I went with the Ronald. I just don’t have room for my Galaxy 94HP. As of now, I’m leaning towards either the Hopper or Donkey Stomp.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by icemanrrc View Post
    Thanks JJD! The Ronald has three power modes 1.5 on low, not sure how much on medium and 13 watts on high. Thinking about just running it on low with the amp on and high when running it barefoot. It’s going in my JK Jeep Wrangler. Space is hard to come by which is why I went with the Ronald. I just don’t have room for my Galaxy 94HP. As of now, I’m leaning towards either the Hopper or Donkey Stomp.
    I've seen the Donkey Stompers on ebay...don't know anyone who has one tho...friend of mine had a Hopper, which is why I decided to give one a try... Most of the amps I have or have had, have been XForce, Davemade, Fatboy, and Texas Stars...Few others over the years, but those never gave me any problems...Also have a couple tube amps I run with the base.

Know what your talking about when it comes to space...I have a 2001 Tacoma which has no space. What I wanted to do was a in-dash install so I ended up going with a Uniden 680 because it's 6"x6"x2" which fit just perfect in the cuby-hole under the stereo...have since replaced it with a Uniden 520xl tho (which has the same dimensions only it's only 1" tall)...The alternator is only a 65 amp. so can't go too big with a box without upgrading the alternator or adding a second battery, which I don't want to do, so biggest amp I can go is either a 2-pill or 1x2.

I keep the amp in my toolbox in the bed of the truck and have a remote switch inside the cab to turn it on and off...

This is a pic of the Uniden 680, but like I said, I have a Uniden 520xl there now, just haven't got around to taking a updated picture yet.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here. I’ve had Palomar, Messenger, Texas Star, X-force, Fatboy. I’ve seen you posting on forums for years... back in the Bozo forum days. Sent you a PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads2011-Recommend-mobile-amp-for-me