preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High dead key and no/backward swing.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sonoma View Post
    the video you posted does not open.
    with a 4 watt dead key and you say you are only talking 1 1/2 mile you are having a antenna problem. what are using for the antenna? is it the 1/2 wave dipole and where is it mounted at. what is the swr reading of the antenna.
    The SWR's are 1.10 matched

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    a local had a problem like this and finally found out he had it mounted inside the house on a wall in the horizontal position. we moved it out side in the vertical position and it worked just fine then.he had 2 screws in the wall and just hung both ends to the screws.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's the video I hope it works this time..

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    a local had a problem like this and finally found out he had it mounted inside the house on a wall in the horizontal position. we moved it out side in the vertical position and it worked just fine then.he had 2 screws in the wall and just hung both ends to the screws.
    My dipole is free standing. The radials are made of metal. So there's no wire to hang up. It's 25' up on a mast. It looks like a big T. But I know the antenna's not the problem. The other radio I run off it works just fine. It's got to be in the radio. It had he modulation turned up and L14 turned up but still only less than 4 watts of power. and the power goes down instead of up when I talk. BUT it talks clear as a bell. Makes no sense to me...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the video still does not work for me.
    the guy that worked on the radio does he have a shop or is it just some one you know that try's to tune radios.
    have you asked any of the locals if there is a shop to tune radios in your area.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    since the antenna setup sounds good you are just going to have to find some one that can peak the radio so it puts out like it should. if you paid the guy to tune your radio you should contact him to see if he can make it right.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you show to be in Virginia and from what I have heard from guy's here on the forums it is hard to find a radio shop in your area.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the video still does not work for me.
    the guy that worked on the radio does he have a shop or is it just some one you know that try's to tune radios.
    have you asked any of the locals if there is a shop to tune radios in your area.
    The video is a youtube link. I don't know why it doesn't work. I'm in West Virginia, not Virginia. There are shops here I'd just have to drive 3 1/2 hr. The guy that did the work had a shop for 30+ years he just sold all of his equipment. And he didn't charge me because he's a friend of a friend.So... I'm just going to drop it and leave it alone because it's working fine until I can get it to a shop. Because by all accounts I've seen what he did should have upped my power by more than double. I watched him do the work. I've seen videos of people doing the same work. It just didn't work for mine is all. No clue...lol
    Here's another try at the video.

https://youtu.be/mISRP1b8Ylo
    Last edited by T-I-N-Y34; 05-23-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    I'm as crazy as my meds let me be...Sometimes that's a little overwhelming for people...LOL

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads2029-High-dead-key-and-no-backward-swing