preps

Thread: RM ITALY 203P Interference?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by T-I-N-Y34 View Post
    The videos I'm talking about were base stations bleeding over into peoples houses. I know they're probably running big watts but I'm just being safe. since I posted last I've spoken with a couple people that have this amp and they say when they ran it in their truck they would bleed over into other cars stereos sometimes. But when it was used on their base station it just messed with their computer speakers and baby monitor...LOL
    Like I said...It's not the amp's fault for the bleeding...It's the radios fault...tweaked and peaked splatter box radios will bleed all over the place even with a 50w amp.

I run a 1x4 XForce with my RCI 2980wx, and a 2x4 tube amp with my Cobra 2000 GTL and neither set-up bleeds on anything in my house or my neighbors houses...They don't mess with the TV's, phones, or anything else...

AS LONG AS YOUR RADIO HAS NOT BEEN ALL HACKED UP, YOU'LL BE FINE WITH THAT LITTLE AMP...

Now...when I had my Suburban, that was not the case. I was going for MAX-POWER with it...It had a 4 pill Davemade, driving a 16 pill Davemade, 3 300 amp alternator's and 4 battery's to power the Amp's, and the radio I used was a Cobra 29 that had been tricked out to the max! When cranked-up, I could pull into certain car washes, key-up, and get free credits to wash the truck. It would also set off bank alarms if I was keying in the banks parking lot! It would cause Red Light Cameras strobe lights to flash, and bleed 40 up and 40 down on the band if you were within a couple blocks of me...This set-up was originally for Key Downs, but I used it daily anyway to talk from one end of Dallas county to the other...

Now...When I took that Cobra 29 out of the Suburban, and installed a factory Cobra 29 that just had the dead key turned down a little, it didn't bleed nearly as much but because of the mass amount RF radiating out, it would still over power some electronics...Were not talking about running a couple hundred watts here...but closer to 3200w's at 14v...crank the volts up to 16 to 18v and then see closer to 5000w's...which is allot of watts, but compared to what some guys run in their vehicles and Base set-ups, that's nothing.

Last edited by JesseJamesDallas; 05-27-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None