preps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RM ITALY 203P Interference?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

RM ITALY 203P Interference?

I'm thinking about getting an RM Italy KL 203P for SSB. Its been awhile since I've messed with amps/linears. Will this interfere with my neighbors? They're about 50-60 foot away from my antenna. Or should I go with a lower wattage? Like a KL 60.
    I'm as crazy as my meds let me be...Sometimes that's a little overwhelming for people...LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    doubtful that box will interfere with anything, even in your own house...In the past when amp's interfered with neighbors TV sets, that was before everything went "digital"...Now days your more prone to having something at your neighbors house interfering with your radio!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJamesDallas View Post
    doubtful that box will interfere with anything, even in your own house...In the past when amp's interfered with neighbors TV sets, that was before everything went "digital"...Now days your more prone to having something at your neighbors house interfering with your radio!
    Well I know amps still interfere with stuff because there are videos of it happening on youtube. I just didn't know if this model would at this distance. I guess I was more or less looking for someone with this model amp on their base setup that had experience with it. Because if I get it and hook it up and it bleeds over to them..The guy will make it hell for us. This is the kind of guy that'll call the health department if you let your grass go for 3 weeks while on vacation.
    I'm as crazy as my meds let me be...Sometimes that's a little overwhelming for people...LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The videos your seeing on youtube, are box's that do "well-over" 1000w's, and with trashy radios built for key-down events...Yes, those will cause problems with your neighbors...they also cause problems for various other things like stop lights, burglar alarms, PA systems and more, they can even kill the motor in the truck they are in if they aren't properly grounded...The KL-203P is only a 100w amp...you'll be lucky if anyone even notices much of a difference with it turned ON or OFF...

When amps bleed all over things, in almost every case, it's not the amps fault, but rather the radio that is hooked-up to it's fault... "Trash in-Trash-out, only louder!"....Don't have your radio P&T to try and get every watt out of it, and you won't have a problem...
    Last edited by JesseJamesDallas; 05-27-2018 at 06:17 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

T-I-N-Y34 (05-27-2018)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you can run the amp with a low in put also to keep things simple and the amp will not be pushing its own limits. if you look around you can find the 203P for about 65.00 shipped to the house when some one runs it on sale. i will see what I can find on a good price for you. the cheapest I saw so far is 79.00. the plain 203 is about 55.00 it does not have the preamp on it. the seller did not show free shipping but do not get in a hurry to buy an amp since they will go on sale at different places from time to time.
    Last edited by sonoma; 05-27-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    here you go, found one with a low price with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KL-203P-Mob...sAAOSwux5YMROz

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sonoma For This Useful Post:

T-I-N-Y34 (05-27-2018)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJamesDallas View Post
    The videos your seeing on youtube, are box's that do "well-over" 1000w's, and with trashy radios built for key-down events...Yes, those will cause problems with your neighbors...they also cause problems for various other things like stop lights, burglar alarms, PA systems and more, they can even kill the motor in the truck they are in if they aren't properly grounded...The KL-203P is only a 100w amp...you'll be lucky if anyone even notices much of a difference with it turned ON or OFF...

When amps bleed all over things, in almost every case, it's not the amps fault, but rather the radio that is hooked-up to it's fault... "Trash in-Trash-out, only louder!"....Don't have your radio P&T to try and get every watt out of it, and you won't have a problem...
    The videos I'm talking about were base stations bleeding over into peoples houses. I know they're probably running big watts but I'm just being safe. since I posted last I've spoken with a couple people that have this amp and they say when they ran it in their truck they would bleed over into other cars stereos sometimes. But when it was used on their base station it just messed with their computer speakers and baby monitor...LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sonoma View Post
    here you go, found one with a low price with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KL-203P-Mob...sAAOSwux5YMROz
    Already had it on my watch list...ha ha But thanks. good looking out.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sonoma View Post
    you can run the amp with a low in put also to keep things simple and the amp will not be pushing its own limits. if you look around you can find the 203P for about 65.00 shipped to the house when some one runs it on sale. i will see what I can find on a good price for you. the cheapest I saw so far is 79.00. the plain 203 is about 55.00 it does not have the preamp on it. the seller did not show free shipping but do not get in a hurry to buy an amp since they will go on sale at different places from time to time.
    I planned on keying down around 1 watt with nothing else done to my radio except the modulation turned up a bit. Not 100% but more thanfactory.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by T-I-N-Y34 View Post
    The videos I'm talking about were base stations bleeding over into peoples houses. I know they're probably running big watts but I'm just being safe. since I posted last I've spoken with a couple people that have this amp and they say when they ran it in their truck they would bleed over into other cars stereos sometimes. But when it was used on their base station it just messed with their computer speakers and baby monitor...LOL
    Like I said...It's not the amp's fault for the bleeding...It's the radios fault...tweaked and peaked splatter box radios will bleed all over the place even with a 50w amp.

I run a 1x4 XForce with my RCI 2980wx, and a 2x4 tube amp with my Cobra 2000 GTL and neither set-up bleeds on anything in my house or my neighbors houses...They don't mess with the TV's, phones, or anything else...

AS LONG AS YOUR RADIO HAS NOT BEEN ALL HACKED UP, YOU'LL BE FINE WITH THAT LITTLE AMP...

Now...when I had my Suburban, that was not the case. I was going for MAX-POWER with it...It had a 4 pill Davemade, driving a 16 pill Davemade, 3 300 amp alternator's and 4 battery's to power the Amp's, and the radio I used was a Cobra 29 that had been tricked out to the max! When cranked-up, I could pull into certain car washes, key-up, and get free credits to wash the truck. It would also set off bank alarms if I was keying in the banks parking lot! It would cause Red Light Cameras strobe lights to flash, and bleed 40 up and 40 down on the band if you were within a couple blocks of me...This set-up was originally for Key Downs, but I used it daily anyway to talk from one end of Dallas county to the other...

Now...When I took that Cobra 29 out of the Suburban, and installed a factory Cobra 29 that just had the dead key turned down a little, it didn't bleed nearly as much but because of the mass amount RF radiating out, it would still over power some electronics...Were not talking about running a couple hundred watts here...but closer to 3200w's at 14v...crank the volts up to 16 to 18v and then see closer to 5000w's...which is allot of watts, but compared to what some guys run in their vehicles and Base set-ups, that's nothing.

Last edited by JesseJamesDallas; 05-27-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None